No votes
100%
No votes
No votes

Total votes : 1

Fukupicks: Magical Project S

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:54 pm

Magical Project S

It's kind of disheartening that I'm only one of two people who seem to care about/know of Aria. Maybe a magical girl series is in order for these here parts, then?

This one is among my most favorite anime series. Nowadays I don't really care for enemy-of-the-week scenarios, but it's not so bad when it's not all that serious to begin with. There's a good balance between comedy and drama with this one, or at least that's what I think. It's fairly memorable overall, with certain moments being more so than others, and Pixy Misa remains as one of the most stand-out characters that I know of.

I give it an eight.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: Fukupicks: Magical Project S

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:37 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:Magical Project S

It's kind of disheartening that I'm only one of two people who seem to care about/know of Aria. Maybe a magical girl series is in order for these here parts, then?

This one is among my most favorite anime series. Nowadays I don't really care for enemy-of-the-week scenarios, but it's not so bad when it's not all that serious to begin with. There's a good balance between comedy and drama with this one, or at least that's what I think. It's fairly memorable overall, with certain moments being more so than others, and Pixy Misa remains as one of the most stand-out characters that I know of.

I give it an eight.

It has been awhile, but I've seen all of Magical Project S season 1, I've seen all of the Sammy OAV, ditto the Sammy Special that was in the original Tenchi OAV. In point of fact I still have the Sammy and Mihoshi Specials.

It was ok I guess... It actually is not bad once you factor it was meant to parody Magical girl shows.

On the other hand... the Pioneer U.S. release I felt was botched... They released it subtitled... which for anime is certainly not an issue in and of itself... but they rated it for ages 3 on up... Few U.S. born 3 year olds come to mind that could watch a Japanese anime subtitled and comprehend it.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:49 am

Magical Project S is one of my favorites.
It's interesting how it starts as a Sailor Moon (basically) parody and evolves into its own thing.

And then there's the parody movie trailer...
Also, Funky Connie. *sagenod*

Apparently it was sub only because the OVA had really bad sales. So it was a cheap also-ran release, perhaps having to do with having the license for it, so they wanted to make a quick buck, as it were, rather than just sitting on it.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:58 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:It's kind of disheartening that I'm only one of two people who seem to care about/know of Aria.

Just an aside -- I know of Aria. Watched the whole thing. It was lovely and peaceful, and the only other anime I think of as its (soulmate) would be Yokohama Shopping Log (YOKOHAMA KAIDASHI KIKOU). A lovely review can be found here. Both the anime and the manga were superb; the manga was much longer, but the anime had the soundtrack.

Magical Project S? I've watched some of that, but hardly all. It's related in some way to Magical Girl Pretty Sammy and Sasami Magical Girls Club.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:01 pm

You were the other "of two" that had been referring to. XD
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:12 pm

All hail Pixie Misa
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net