Anime Addventure gone?

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Anime Addventure gone?

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:08 pm

Tried to check for new stuff, but I only got this message

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Since there haven't been any real updates in months I wouldn't be surprised if someone had simply pulled the plug.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Anime Addventure gone?

Postby Spica75 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:28 pm

Tried to check for new stuff, but I only got this message

Definetly not a "site is gone" message at least. The site server is clearly there, but something has messed it up.

My first guess would be that admin tried to update the server software and something went wrong.

Since there haven't been any real updates in months I wouldn't be surprised if someone had simply pulled the plug.

Wasn´t that because of some weird bug about chapter numbers? They fixed it twice(at least) already as i read it, but apparently couldn´t get rid of it completely.

Anyway, i don´t really know anything beyond what little i´ve read due to following Pusakronu´s Dungeon Keeper Ami.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:04 pm

Dumbledork wrote:Since there haven't been any real updates in months I wouldn't be surprised if someone had simply pulled the plug.

Actually, just the other day... someone uploaded 17 episodes of additional content of the Dungeon Keeper thread, however, they were really not new, they were uploaded because they found them in Internet Archive of the old Maximum Addventure rival site.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Deric » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:20 am

Dumbledork wrote:Since there haven't been any real updates in months I wouldn't be surprised if someone had simply pulled the plug.

Actually, there have been some updates in the last two months. It's just that there aren't more than two or three per week, lately. I haven't checked more than monthly, myself, due to there being few extensions on the threads I was following. It's not like it was in 2005-2008 when there were several hundred updates per week.
Some people work to achieve peace and harmony.
I'm not one of them.
Deric
Senshi Candidate

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:18 am

I was checking it regularly still... the last updates I am aware of of any marginal impact was someone had uploaded 17 episodes of Dungeon Keeper from the old and long defunct Maximum Addventure to the thread on Anime Addventure.

Most of the other recent updates were to stuff I don't track.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:26 am

And Kestral has only written Naruto episodes the last few years, so there was nothing interesting for me.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:54 pm

Still not back up. So I guess the site's really gone.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:13 pm

Dumbledork wrote:Still not back up. So I guess the site's really gone.

As long as you´re getting an error message from the server, the site isn´t GONE.

There was a post last week or so on a forum about the primary mod trying to fix it but having trouble.

While site owner is having medical issues and may not be available(and apparently haven´t handled the site for years anyway so probably doesn´t have a clue how to fix anything even if he´s around right now).

In short, the site is inaccessible, and it´s a big questionmark how long it will remain so, with some risk that it could be a permanent loss if the mod can´t figure out how to fix it. At least that´s what i got from the discussion i read the other day.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:07 pm

Yeah, saw that as well on TFF. I do know someone has messed with it off and on, as a few times instead of the message the screen is completely blank, but no error or timeout like it tried to load, but there was nothing actually loaded.

On a related note. Adult Fan Fiction ORG changed its category links, but the site links and direct story links were unchanged. I discovered this three days ago and fixed my links yesterday. There was no announcement on the main page I saw.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:33 am

Yeah, saw that as well on TFF. I do know someone has messed with it off and on, as a few times instead of the message the screen is completely blank, but no error or timeout like it tried to load, but there was nothing actually loaded.

Well, that´s a little hopeful at least then. Though in the thread i read, someone also had looked at statistics for the site, and that was rather on the sad side of things, 10k chapter posts in the 2nd year, then constant decline down to around 300-400 last 3 years.

Oh and by the way, Pusakuronu´s Dungeon Keeper Ami is now posted completely on the SufficientVelocity forum, and it seems s/he will post further chapters there as well.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:34 am

Spica75 wrote:Well, that´s a little hopeful at least then. Though in the thread i read, someone also had looked at statistics for the site, and that was rather on the sad side of things, 10k chapter posts in the 2nd year, then constant decline down to around 300-400 last 3 years.

A pity, as I do not feel a forum site is the best location for a addventure type story.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:42 am

PCHeintz72 wrote:A pity, as I do not feel a forum site is the best location for a addventure type story.

That´s the thing though, all stories that have been good on the site are essentially NOT "addventure format".
DKA, No Tendo etc... They´re basically linearly preplanned and written by a single person or a small(same) number of people.

Combined with how difficult it sometimes is to read or even find stories there, well DKA was the only reason i started reading there at all.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:58 am

DKA is now https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/t ... ead.30066/
Discussion https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/t ... -ami.8796/
Pusakuronu is present and has last responded to my typo corrections 2 hours ago.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:48 am

I went poking in the browser cache some days ago as I quite often do before wiping it – and noted that every request returned the same error, including the one for favicon, which the Anime Addventure does have. I’m going to guess that someone or something trashed the document path by either scratching over the correct path in the config file or munging the directory structure and not resetting the config file accordingly.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:26 am

Web archive refuses to show the past because even robots.txt returns the same error!
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Next

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs