The Glass House (The RPG)

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

The Glass House (The RPG)

Postby Lioconvoy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:20 pm

"Have you ever heard of Horsehead Bay? It a small town near the ocean. Not quite as small as the famous Ponyville home to Princess Twilight Sparkle, but compared to big metropolis of Manehatten it's rather small. The ocean boarders the town's east, to the south is an amazing amusement park, the north holds an unique orchard ran by a family of both earth pony and unicorn heritage, to the west is a large forest. Before that forest you'll find an obsidian colored Glass House."

"What are you doing mommy?"

"Usagi, how many times have I asked you to call me daddy. I'm a stallion. Mares are mommies, Stallions are daddies. I'm writing an advertisement for Equestrian Times. I'm just reading it out loud to check for errors." Lioconvoy sat at a desk in his room and looked over what he had typed so far. The horse body his mind currently resided in was difficult to use. The level of technology in this world was awkward as well. Instead of using a computer he had to make do with a type writer. "Let me finish this. Okay."

"Okay." The little white filly went across the room her bed and started jumping up and down.

"Where was I? Before that forest you'll find and obsidian colored Glass House. This house isn't just made of any old common glass. This non-see-through glass is special. Worried about Discord appearing out of nowhere starting a parade in your bedroom? Worry not the unique properties of the glass prevents anypony from just appearing when the doors are closed. In or out if the door of a room is closed the only way to get through the door is to manually open it. The ability to seal magic users in or out isn't the only things the glass has going for it, it's also tough a herd of stampeding buffalo would just hurt their heads ramming into the glass. For a home that can take a licking and keep on kicking, the Glass House is place to be. Now accepting tenants. Reasonable rent, 625 square feet rooms, furnishings provided upon request, meals are provided upon request and access is granted to the kitchen." Looking over the add the Lio smiled. "I think this should pique some interest."

~~A week later after the advertisement has finally ran~~

Lio stands outside the Glass House watching Usagi chase after some bunnies from the forest. "Here's hoping we get at least one or two renters.

The blue haired filly stops her chase and hops over to her mommy. "Mommy, why couldn't we live in Ponyville?"

"I think that hour you spent with Pinkie Pie was all the time you needed to spend with her for a lifetime. Please stop calling me mommy."

(Okay now's the time for people to start moving in. As you can tell this is word for word cut and pasted from the original topic.

To any who read this later it is never to late to join, just post you character in the sign up so I can make sure it's acceptable first. Current player should post new characters in the sign up topic too before they show up here.)
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Re: The Glass House (The RPG)

Postby Queen Cerali » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:31 pm

Cerali strode out from the forest towards the strange house. "greetings!" she called to the figure in front of the building. "I have come to rent a room...."
The Shifters shall rise!
Queen Cerali
Senshi Candidate

Postby Toaster Repair Pony » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:22 pm

"Humph" muttered Discord as he read the advert in Equestrian Times, "starting parades in random ponies rooms? I've never done that! The nerve! Not a bad idea though..."
He stroked his goatee for a while as he thought of the potential of that idea, before remembering why he was looking through these ads in the first place; he had to find somewhere to stay, and although he'd never tell anyone this, he'd have felt bad imposing on Fluttershy. He supposed he was learning.

Deciding that this 'Glass House' sounded like the most interesting boarding available, he dropped the paper (which promptly grew papery wings and flew off) and teleported to the town of Horsehead Bay...

...Only to materialise in somepony's pond; evidently the geography of the area had changed somewhat in the last thousand years. Muttering to himself, he conjured up a towel to wrap around his waist, and headed towards the large black building up the road.

As he drew closer, he saw what appeared to be a changeling Queen standing out side, talking to who assumed were the house's owners. It would appear his judgement was correct; this looked interesting already...

He chuckled, and clicked his talons. A red carpet appeared and began unrolling in the direction of the house, and as the last few rolls unfurled beside the changeling, Discord popped out, grinning.
Toaster Repair Pony
Senshi Candidate

Postby Queen Cerali » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Cerali blinked. "well hello! you are Discord, I believe? I have studied this land extensively!" she said proudly. "I am Queen Cerali of the shifters"
The Shifters shall rise!
Queen Cerali
Senshi Candidate

Postby Prince of the Night » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:17 pm

((Finally, time to post!))

"Well, this looks nice." Luna said as she walked around Canterlot. She had been looking for a nice place to relax and had a nice time with her family, being her husband, Darkness Knight, and her small filly, Midnight Lullaby. She went to the castle with the great news to the other two.
"I finally found a nice place to go." She said smiling to both of them. "Pack your stuff, we will leave in 2 days." She finally said before she walked to her room to get ready.

--- 2 days later ---

After a long walk from the closest train station, along a path that lead to the forest, the three finally arrived to the so called Glass house. The small filly was sleeping on her back. She had fallen asleep after the long journey, but they finally had arrived.
"Ah... this looks nice and peacefu-" Luna started saying, but stopped when she saw two quite familiar ... changeling and draconequss... Discord and... who was the other one? She didn't knew.
"Great, just what we needed..." Darky said sighing after seeing Discord. Not that he minded having him there, but if he was there, chaos will follow him. He hoped that what the fliers said was true, that the rooms were magically sealed so they could have the time they wanted to themselves.
The other one, looked like chrysalis, but there was something different in her.
As they approached, Luna made a fake smile. "Good day to both of you." she said calmly as she walked to what looked like the owner, the pony with the small filly, trying not to pay attention to neither the changeling or Discord, Darky doing the same
Prince of the Night
Senshi Candidate

Postby Lioconvoy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:35 pm

"What's a Shifter? To me you look like a miscolored changing." First the confused changeling, then Discord, and finally a Princess. He was hoping for a few residents, but this was not what he was expecting.... The oddest thing he was expecting was a Crystal Pony somehow still crystal outside of it's kingdom.

"She looks like the evil bug pony Tony is always talking about."

"That would be Chrysalis, and yes I noticed. But I doubt ...." Discord and Nightmare Moon were here why wouldn't.... "You're not Chrysalis in disguise trying to take back over the changlings in the forest that left you are you?"

(Tony is not the changeling's real name, but Usagi can't pronounce it so she calls him Tony.)

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Eluuna » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:08 am

Her dark mane brushed against her cheek as she ducked under a branch.
"It must be here somewhere," she whispered to herself, ignoring the desperate tinge in her voice, "It has to be."
Her eyes, impossibly light, scanned the woods beneath the thin hem of her cloak's hood. She didn't trust the paths, and she tried to contain the panic bubbling up in her throat.
She approached an impossibly large tree, surrounded by dishearteningly thick shrubbery and thorns. She cleared away the sudden lump in her throat, and turned to go back the way she came. However, as she was turning a slight gleam of sunlight that pierced the gloomy darkness that she was now accustomed to. She turned the he woods parted, and she blinked in the sudden light. A dark house, sleek and gleaming stood before her. This was what she was looking for.

She approached the group, stepping lightly, as if the ground would crack if she moved too heavily. She had an aura of weariness surrounding her, and she seemed hesitant to join the group too rapidly.
Eluuna
Senshi Candidate

Postby Queen Cerali » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:38 am

"no, I am not Chrysalis. I led my subjects, the Shifters, away from her years ago. technically, we are the same species, but we have attempted to distance ourselves". she said, then turned as she noticed the cloaked newcomer. "and who might you be?"
The Shifters shall rise!
Queen Cerali
Senshi Candidate

Postby Eluuna » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:37 pm

She hesitated, biting her lip nervously.
"My name is Rosalind Donner," she said eventually. "Is this the Glass House?"
Eluuna
Senshi Candidate

Postby Queen Cerali » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:33 pm

"yes. you are also here to rent a room?" she said. "if so, then greetings, new neighbor!"
The Shifters shall rise!
Queen Cerali
Senshi Candidate

Postby Eluuna » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:02 pm

A ghost of a smile appeared on her face as she pushed her cloak hood back. She had dark chestnut locks that tumbled out, and a light dusting of freckles across her nose. Her eyes were as blue as a jaybird's nape; perhaps, at some point, she might have been described as 'cute', but her somber look and tired gaze canceled the feeling.
"Greetings," she responded. "I suppose we are neighbors. It's a pleasure to meet you." She craned her neck back to see the building clearly. "This is a beautiful building."
Eluuna
Senshi Candidate

Postby Lioconvoy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:39 pm

"Thank you my other daughter had a hand in helping me design it." He was half expecting the hooded girl to be Trixie given the collection so far. Of course he wasn't aware Luna had a family. Now if you would all follow me inside we can get room assignments straiten out and I can explain how to furnish your rooms. Er Discord do you mind Room 13? The artifact in that room was acting up so it's removed. I don't know how your magic would cross with one of the artifacts."

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Prince of the Night » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:49 pm

"Thank you." Luna said smiling to Lio, but still heard the new pony and the changeling. So, she didn't co.sidered herself part of them. She made a mental note of that. She then waited for Lio to lead them inside.
Darky remained by her side all the time, eager to see the place inside.

Lullaby looked at the two mares behind her as she yawned adorably and woke up. She lookef around and hopped off Luna with out her noticing it. She then rubbed her eyes and levitated a small plushie.from a bag at Luna's side, then cuddled it. The plushie was a small cute spider, odd choice for a filly.

"Hewwo..." she said sleepy to Rosy and Cerali, sti rubbing her eyes as she did so.
Prince of the Night
Senshi Candidate

Postby Eluuna » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:06 am

A true, genuine smile crossed Rosy's lips. It transformed her face as she looked at the filly. She didn't look so weary, and she spoke gently.
"Hello sweet-pea," she said. "That's a lovely spider you have there."
Eluuna
Senshi Candidate

Postby Lioconvoy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:37 am

Lio stepped into the house and then went to the living room door. After opening the door, he stood outside the room waiting for the other to enter.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Next

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs