Hyperdimension Neptunia <3 Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Hyperdimension Neptunia <3 Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:46 pm

I thought that these two series would make a natural crossover couple, but I didn't see one such story at FF.net.

Makes me wonder if anyone would even be interested.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia <3 Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:14 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:I thought that these two series would make a natural crossover couple, but I didn't see one such story at FF.net.

Makes me wonder if anyone would even be interested.

Not likely I would be... but not for the obvious reasons. I prefer my Nanoha fan fiction on the darker side, but most fans of the series refuse to see just how dark the Nanoha universe is, and how morally corrupt the TSAB really is (not counting the three main character not really raised by the system of course).

I prefer to look at them like I do Stargate SG1... A gritty series of characters all whom have dealt with or have darkness in their lives and generally out for themselves, but not truly evil per se.

It is one of the reasons I read so little Nanoha... the fandom itself makes it not worth it to me for the most part.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:03 pm

Well, if the fandom's the problem, it can't be helped. I don't really agree with your perceptions of the series mentioned, but I don't see how Hyperdimension Neptunia couldn't also be perceived in a darker light, especially due to one of the endings in the second game.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:26 pm

Not likely I would be... but not for the obvious reasons. I prefer my Nanoha fan fiction on the darker side, but most fans of the series refuse to see just how dark the Nanoha universe is, and how morally corrupt the TSAB really is (not counting the three main character not really raised by the system of course).

Personally at least, it´s not that i don´t see it, it´s that it´s more of a very mixed bag rather than outright dark. TSAB isn´t morally corrupt so much as a noticeable number of people within it and in the background.

The fact that they are not worse is pretty much a telltale of just how much they are essentially NOT corrupt, because really, they´re pretty much the ONLY big fish around, and yet they still don´t simply just go curbstomping on anything that moves and isn´t themselves.

Unchecked superpowers tend to become super corrupt super fast.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vocaloid » Tue May 05, 2015 1:52 am

Not that I ever played the game, from what I've read, Hyperdimensional Neptuna would be a good match character wise with Nanoha, it's just no one has shown any ideas on where to go with the idea. I can see either crossing over with Full Metal Panic easily enough though. And both would do well in a darker light as well, but Nanoha is one of those fandoms where new ideas are tough to get any leverage on because so many ideas fail to focus on things like child welfare and system abuses, which Nanoha is very full of.
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs