free host?

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: free host?

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:04 pm

jasonjkay wrote:thanks, I think I have found a few things it could be thats stopping it running on ios, mainly the java script and on mouse over actions. I dont really want to take them out as they power the super cool story description popup when you hover the mouse over the fic name in the crossovers page as well as the new fics on the home page. Ios Users could try this link and if it works then I can possibly fix the site but if not then it's going to take a lot of work.

Shrugs... Your site, your code, your support headaches. I'm not telling you to change anything, or to support gadget level devices. I certainly do not know the exact problem, since I do not have a gadget level device of the correct type to check it with, nor have I looked at he code.

To me extras like that just clogs up the works, so to speak, but I don't think like an average user when seeing a UI, but as a programmer. I prefer simplicity, not features.

I use CSS for mouse-over popups on my site, instead of Javascript. It's not as browser-friendly as I'd like it to be, but I didn't want to use something where its functionality could be turned off by default. I dunno. I'm just weird about this stuff.

I used to have so many issues with navigating and displaying stuff from your site I actively avoided it for years, the last sets of redesigns a couple years back seem to have fixed pretty much all my former issues though. I may not care for the exact setup, but at least I can honestly say I do not seem to have any problems with it.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs