Will be missing for a while

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Will be missing for a while

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:26 am

I'm going into the hospital for surgery, so I won't be posting for a while.

Ellen
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Re: Will be missing for a while

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:39 am

Ouch. Don't break their stuff too badly.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:53 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:I'm going into the hospital for surgery, so I won't be posting for a while.

Ellen

Get well soon.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:17 pm

Hope it's for nothing serious and a speedy recover!
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:16 pm

You're writing a self-insertion fic?

In the case that you posted in the wrong forum: may the happy juice be with you.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:38 pm

Hope they have internet access there so you can at least keep in touch with E-Mail even if you might not be able to virtually visit as you recover.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:34 pm

good luck, happy drugged trails, and hope eveything goes well and please let us know when you get home.
(sends flowers with Lost Boy Express) hope they turn up at some point....like this centry....
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:02 pm

Well, I'm back. Sorta. Left a few pieces behind. The surgeon said "omigod" when he saw what was facing him, and called in another team. (His office staff says somewhat the same.) When I woke up several days later, I found I had two rows of staples across my ribs, and am told my sternum is being held together by stainless steel wire at the moment. No more super-powerful magnets or MRI for me now.

Needless to say, this completely kills the possibility of nude selfies.

But with a few caveats and some preparations, I'm scheduled to come home this coming Wednesday, and should be back to reasonable health by the end of the summer. Meanwhiles, since the convalescent home is next door to where I live, I can make daytrips home to take care of things like mail. The cats are finally beginning to believe in my renewed existence.

Best - Ellen :!:
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:11 pm

Welcome Back! Even if it isn't all the way yet.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:56 pm

The good thing is that you are right. Good luck and to a speedy recovey. Hope you get better and are home in no time.
As for your nude selfies, who cares, take pride in still whole and alive. Its not like you have share them, though I know some of the perverts would not mind (tounge in cheek)
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:57 pm

Ps, did lost boy ever drop those flowers off? I stole some black roses from the black rose to help you cheer up.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Well, I'm back. Sorta. Left a few pieces behind. The surgeon said "omigod" when he saw what was facing him, and called in another team. (His office staff says somewhat the same.) When I woke up several days later, I found I had two rows of staples across my ribs, and am told my sternum is being held together by stainless steel wire at the moment.

Yikes, that sounded dramatic.

Needless to say, this completely kills the possibility of nude selfies.

Aaaww... :mrgreen:

The cats are finally beginning to believe in my renewed existence.

You do the same and get yourself back together again. ( pun intended, even if it´s dreadful )
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:45 am

ckosacranoid wrote:Ps, did lost boy ever drop those flowers off? I stole some black roses from the black rose to help you cheer up.

No Lost Boys, though this Indian gal with a bhindi dropped by with red roses and a ring for me.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:45 am

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:Well, I'm back. Sorta. Left a few pieces behind. The surgeon said "omigod" when he saw what was facing him, and called in another team. (His office staff says somewhat the same.) When I woke up several days later, I found I had two rows of staples across my ribs, and am told my sternum is being held together by stainless steel wire at the moment. No more super-powerful magnets or MRI for me now.

Look like you'll have to stay at the console and get someone else to tune the klystrons, then.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:33 pm

[quote="Té Rowan]Look like you'll have to stay at the console and get someone else to tune the klystrons, then.[/quote]
Yew betcha. Though back when I was running something kly-ish, we called them "resnatrons". They were great big triodes in a steel can, with about two dozen individual filaments. Every now and then one of the filaments would blow. The strongest among us would put on a mitten filled with lead pellets and go beat the resnatron until the filament shook loose and fell to the bottom. When enough filaments had failed, we'd bring the overhead crane, lift up the steel casing, and replace them all. Then we'd lower the casing down, bolt it back in place, and run the vacuum pumps in carefully-calculated sequence to get the tube evacuated again.

This particular set of vacuum tubes, incidentally, were large.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Next

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs