Ranko fics site has moved

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Ranko fics site has moved

Postby jasonjkay » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:27 pm

I know I don't update very often however I like to know my site is still thier for others to use. I have finally gotten fed up of my current free host that keeps going down so I have moved the site to a new free server that was recomended. The old site will remain if it ever comes back online, and the new site is here: http://rankofics.comxa.com

Sorry to anybody who has tried to use the site, hope this server is more reliable.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Ranko fics site has moved

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:03 am

"Unable to connect." XD
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:34 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:"Unable to connect." XD

Might be regional, works for me.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:23 am

I wouldn't know. I tried again and I got a parser error, but only once: all attempts after that netted me the "unable to connect" error again.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:48 am

Works just fine here. And very quick to load even.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:28 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:"Unable to connect." XD

Dunno, possibly a problem with location and me using a free upload space. I'll try uploading on a different one, that way I can have backups in case one site goes down.
http://rankofics.bl.ee/
This one is based in the U.K where I live, give it a shot.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:03 pm

Still no dice.

I live in the U.S., so if it's a regional problem... Yeah.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:35 pm

ill go hunting for a free american server tomorrow then, maybe then i'll have more luck.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:37 pm

Thanks for going through the trouble.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:28 pm

jasonjkay wrote:Dunno, possibly a problem with location and me using a free upload space. I'll try uploading on a different one, that way I can have backups in case one site goes down.
http://rankofics.bl.ee/
This one is based in the U.K where I live, give it a shot.

This site also works for me without any noticeable issues. So at least it´s not a siteproblem.

CPS, you don´t have any restrictions on where you access the internet from do you?

Like some kind of nanny software, hosts file blocking or something your ISP doesn´t want you looking at?
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:01 pm

None that I'm aware of. Whenever I go somewhere with some kind of restriction (like Firefox warning me that a site is dangerous), I get some kind of message that tells me what's up. It doesn't seem to be impossible to reach the site, if that parser error I got that one time means anything, but -- then -- it must be really difficult to connect to that server for some reason. It'd help if others from across the pond could tell us if they're having a similar problem.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:46 pm

I keep getting a 502 bad gateway error on my iPhone for both sites...I'm currently in the north east corner of Oklahoma in the United States. So it's possible you might have some scripting error there or the hyperlink won't work on anything but internet explorer
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:14 pm

talonhunter wrote:I keep getting a 502 bad gateway error on my iPhone for both sites...I'm currently in the north east corner of Oklahoma in the United States. So it's possible you might have some scripting error there or the hyperlink won't work on anything but internet explorer
nope it's exactly the same webpages as was in the old site, just uploaded to different servers and I never heard of anyone having these problems unless the whole site was down, like it is now which caused me to upload elsewhere. Im sure it's the server thats the problem, gonna look for an american one soon.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:05 pm

ok this hosting thingy claims to be in America so I see no reason why it shouldnt work. Try this and tell me if it works, thanks.

Edit:
Url deleted, site worked for half an hour then shut down claiming to have exceeded the bandwidth.
Last edited by jasonjkay on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:19 pm

talonhunter wrote:I keep getting a 502 bad gateway error on my iPhone for both sites...I'm currently in the north east corner of Oklahoma in the United States. So it's possible you might have some scripting error there or the hyperlink won't work on anything but internet explorer

Running Seamonkey here (oldstyle Firefox/Mozilla).

ok this hosting thingy claims to be in America so I see no reason why it shouldnt work. Try this and tell me if it works, thanks.
http://rankofics.hints.me

*lol*

It hits a redirect, then...

It wants me to sign up for free hosting and i can´t seem to get past that screen.
Will be interesting to see if it works for those in NA.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs