What if… — Idea inklings

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: What if… — Idea inklings

Postby Spica75 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:48 pm

Yesterday i happened to notice a manga called "Yuusha gojo kumiai kouryuugata keijiban"/Hero cooperation union exchange bulletin board... A message board/forum for the "chosen ones" of all worlds.

And it stood out just how many fandoms where it could be used for fun and "butterflies".

Harry Potter with the ability to ask advice from experienced heroes ( and the occasional demon lord :mrgreen: ), or maybe just lament about the unfairness of dark lords(or old "Tom" complaining about those pesky kids ruining his fun all the time)... :P

Ranma doesn´t get into that kind of "chosen" but it´s close enough that it work there as well(as long as the protagonist(s) keeps ending up facing potential dangers to the world, why not?)...
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... taKeijiban
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:30 pm

Me musing on the above led to Harry and Voldie deciding to settle their differences with a Doom Deathmatch at a LAN party. Due to the intensity of their game, they become the centre of attention, with all of the other players ending up hepping them on. For reasons, they become THE Deathmatch opponents with invitations streaming in from venues worldwide.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Té Rowan wrote:Me musing on the above led to Harry and Voldie deciding to settle their differences with a Doom Deathmatch at a LAN party. Due to the intensity of their game, they become the centre of attention, with all of the other players ending up hepping them on. For reasons, they become THE Deathmatch opponents with invitations streaming in from venues worldwide.

:D
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:58 am

Daria Morgendorffer and Koyomi Mizuhara decide that they are going to shack up with Ranma Saotome, whatever anyone says. The horror… The children… The Martial Arts Snark…
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:14 pm

Té Rowan wrote:Daria Morgendorffer and Koyomi Mizuhara decide that they are going to shack up with Ranma Saotome, whatever anyone says. The horror… The children… The Martial Arts Snark…

Heh, i had to look the names up, then i remembered i once read a Daria fic a few years ago that was pretty good... Oh, found it:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3142126/1/April-10-1997
BtVS crossover. Faith=Daria... :shock:

And yeah, i think that´s a rather daring "shipping"...
:mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:13 am

My longest snippet in longest time…

This will probably be a longwinded snippet for which the author has no plans to ever apologise.[sup]1[/sup]

-----

Somewhere, on a near-forgot-about edge of the multiverse where it occasionally intersects with a somewhat-less-forgot-about multiverse, there is a wholly unremarkable galaxy that has still somehow acquired many names, all of them coming from one place out in the disk that no-one with even half a skerrick of sense dares visit. This place, of course, teems with visiting tourists.[sup]2[/sup]

This place is a solar system whose outermost body is sometimes a planet and sometimes not, depending on the whims of a few men who think they Know. This may have something to do with the (other) inhabitants being so amazingly primitive, they still think important jobs should be given to those willing to spend the largest piles of monetary units or bullets[sup]3[/sup] to get that job. Somewhere on, in or near said body is a structure none of these men know of, or they would else be too scared to mess with this body’s classification.

This structure has many names, just like the galaxy around it, but those that know of it usually just call it a Time Gate, all of the other names being much longer than this.[sup]4[/sup]

This particular Time Gate is a wholly unremarkable specimen of the sort, but with a wholly remarkable set of accessories, which is why they are about to get remarked upon.

There is a platform which the gate stands on that looks very much like the main platform of a large railway station. This is intentional, borne from long experience with the Time Gate.

The station house, for there is indeed one, is large, roomy and not at all like a station house. For one, there is no waiting room. It was converted into a bistro long ago.

Finally, there is a pr0n viewer. The purpose of a pr0n viewer is unclear, but it usually gets used to watch couples or groups having some form of sex, somewhere and somewhen. That it can show more than sex tends to be remembered only when there is a Big Game someone has bet a large pile of monetary units upon.

As the reader can guess, any structure of this kind should have a guardian, normally called a Time Guardian. This structure, however, does not have one. It has six.[sup]5[/sup]

Where they came from, no-one knows. Well, they know, so the author is incorrect, after all. This will happen again.

These Time Guardians are all, for some reason probably no-one (certainly not the author) knows, adult female humans, also known as women. This may be significant. The usual kind of woman preferred for the job is tall, somewhat busty, green-haired and red-eyed. Presumably those with green eyes and red hair are considered unsuitable.[sup]6[/sup]

To forestall images of nocturnal yuri-fests, let it be declared that the station house is home to, not only the Time Guardians, but also three males, all of which differ from each other but for one thing: They all know how to keep the Time Guardians very happy in and out of bed.[sup]7[/sup]

These three men{, Xander Harris, Harry Potter and Ranma Saotome,} were all found by the Time Guardians in a most dire state and thus have very good reasons for wanting to keep them happy. They also look after the bistro.

-----

1. This is the author’s way of warning the reader that the former is about to go adamsing and even pratchetting away in an uncontrolled and most incompetent way.
2. Tourists, as everyone knows, have not even one-tenth of a skerrick of sense.
3. The difference between the two is not always obvious in this case.
4. The habitual use of names six syllables or longer is best left to poets and governmental (with a special emphasis on ‘mental’) institutions.
5. A rather unusual number, and possibly the only remarkable thing about this structure.
6. Utter discrimination, they will tell you if you ask them. And even if you don’t.
7. Likely the main cause for the red-headed, green-eyed women to claim discrimination. They, too, would like to have good cooks and waiters instead of having to be ones.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:41 pm

Can’t stop thinking of the Kitakami as being aka Mizuno Ami.

Tfw when Tsukino Usagi figures out that the loud thundercrash that scared her so came from her bezzie. And that she is carrying some really big loudenboomers in form of Long Lance torps.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:56 am

Nah. All intelligent characters are automatically Kirishima. 8)
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:52 am

Of course I went with Kitakami=Ami because scout/command cruiser and name-like. Not that much weirder than fem!Harry being Toireasa Potter aka battleship Tosa.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:18 am

Did someone actually write that? (Not that I want to read it... I tend to stay away from HP stories for reasons.)
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:54 am

Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:19 am

:shock:

OMG...

RUN AWAY! :arrow:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:27 am

There is also Harry Potter and the Girl Who Walked On Water. LOTS of shipgirls.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Makoto » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:52 pm

Well, okay, to be fair, Pyeknu has been writing a multi-cross that's included quite a bit of HP, too. (Shipgirl Samurai and Super-Ninjas, another alt-universe take on TSY)
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Time to plant these Kantai Collection crossover snippets in what I consider to be my main thread for ideas that might germinate somewhere:

Love Hina: “Yes, being bombarded with Keitaro gets annoying, but look on the bright side: The strike prediction radar tested out as working perfectly.” (His aerial excursions were used to test a radar (accessory) that could predict where a shell or missile would land.)

Ranma ½: “You can safely assure the destroyers that that Sanzenin Mikado creep will not ever return to steal kisses.”

Sailor Moon (in my Ami=Kitakami headcanon): “Kitakami… who was that ball-haired blonde trying to hide in your uniform while the battleships were practicing out on the range?”
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs