What if… — Idea inklings

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

What if… — Idea inklings

Postby Té Rowan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:32 pm

HP (poss. Xover) – Someone is obliviated of all knowledge about the Potterverse Wizarding World. This is successful beyond expectations. (S)he can no longer see or interact in any way whatsoever with wizards/witches, nor can they interact with him/her in any way. See, yes, but that's it.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Re: What if… — Idea inklings

Postby Spica75 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:17 pm

Té Rowan wrote:HP (poss. Xover) – Someone is obliviated of all knowledge about the Potterverse Wizarding World. This is successful beyond expectations. (S)he can no longer see or interact in any way whatsoever with wizards/witches, nor can they interact with him/her in any way. See, yes, but that's it.

Accidentally made invisible? Something like Buffy S7E3 "Same time same place."?
That might have some potential... Any specific ideas where to go with it?
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Not really. The obliviatee would occupy the same space/time coordinates that magicals do (i.e. walk through them), much to their consternation as they discover that no amount of spells etc. can resolve this.

One might even extend this to indirect interaction so that imperio'ing a non-magical to kill the Menace would fail, too, if one want to really make the magicals cry into their firewhiskey.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Not really. The obliviatee would occupy the same space/time coordinates that magicals do (i.e. walk through them)

That´s pretty much what i meant by using the Btvs as example, even if i phrased it a bit less than great. In that episode, Willow accidentally puts herself and her friends "away" from each other in such a way that they are 100% invisble to each other, including being able to be in the same time and place, hence the name of the episode.
Which makes things a bit amusing when they´re both trying to talk to a less than sane Spike at the same time. :mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:01 am

Ah. Never watched BtVS. Haven't watched TV with any regularity for years if not decades.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:06 am

Té Rowan wrote:Ah. Never watched BtVS. Haven't watched TV with any regularity for years if not decades.

You really SHOULD watch that series at least. Just too interesting and good to not have seen at least once.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Was listening to "Motor Man Keikyu VVVF" and reading an HP fic, "The Fall of House Potter" I think...

Harry Potter, wearing a blue jacket, trousers and cap, wants to leave AD's office while Albus Dumbledore wants to detain him by locking the door. Instead of HP going for the door, the whole wall opens up to a scene showing a distant wall, a close platform and a red-and-white steel worm in a well between platform and wall. HP enters the platform and the scene goes slightly transparent. HP is seen donning white gloves and entering said 'worm' at the very end. AD and other viewers can see HP sit down and point, state and perform various actions to a strange soundtrack. The last thing they see of him is him pulling back a handle followed by the musical sounds of a Keikyu 2100 train departing. The rest is a video montage set to the soundtrack, possibly with some glimpses of HP, before all fades back to AD's office wall.

Anyone wanting to mine this for story ideas is, as usual, more than welcome to.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:09 am

Just putting this down before I forget it again...

HP: The Dursleys really are the only Normal People in Privet Drive and nearby streets.

I reckon the Dursleys in this 'verse are more neglectful and less abusive than canon towards Harry as their Normality would likely be compromised otherwise. Anyway, the prospective Author would know how many eccentric geniuses, retired supers (villains/heroes), deities on wish duty, whatever... actually do live there.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Well, there was already one like the above: "Privet Drive Gated" or somesuch. Anyway, HP, with Tom Swift borrowings, offa top of my head:

Voldemort: "And now--"
SPLAT!
As one, the minions looked up to the ceiling and at the big pancake that was the Dark Lord a short moment ago.

Outside, one Harry Potter snickered quietly. "The Power he knows not, indeed... the Repelathrone."

+ + +

Or maybe he drops a big glass ball full of Hexploron on the buggers... as if hydrofluoric acid wouldn't be bad enough.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:05 pm

A note and a photo fall out of an envelope. The note says: "I found him. He's (in Japan,) with Keihin Kyuko." The photo shows an uniformed man and a uniformed woman. Who's he, who's she and how will the recipient(s) react?

FYI, Keihin Kyuko sounds like a female name but is in fact the employer of the pair on the photo: The Keihin Electric Express Train Co..
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:37 pm

Remainder from previous train kick. Thought of it as a Ranma/SM cross, probably best set some years after end of canon.

Mercury notes an occasional fluctuation on her computer. She slowly pieces it together as time allows and finds it following various railway lines into and out of Tokyo. And what does she finally find? A certain blue-eyed martial artist driving freights.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:40 am

NGEvangelion: What if... Gendo got teenageified?
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:36 pm

HP and ...

SCREEECHroundkickWROOOAR!

"What was that?!?"
"The Power He Knew Not... Chuck Norris and The Stig."
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:21 pm

Té Rowan wrote:HP and ...

SCREEECHroundkickWROOOAR!

"What was that?!?"
"The Power He Knew Not... Chuck Norris and The Stig."

:lol:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Fri May 09, 2014 8:47 am

A couple of straight HP...

1. At the end of the first year, some strange blagoonga resulting from V.'s shade trying to possess HP instead of running away and Harry stumbling back into the Mirror, he gets moved about in space (the US, perhaps) and time (say, to 1970). The next time he appears in the UK, he is thirty-something and...

2. Following V.'s smackdown in Godric's Hollow, muggleborn births in the UK begin to taper off, levelling off at maybe one per year as HP enters Hogwarts. How will that affect the British Wizarding World? And why did it happen, anyway?
Last edited by Té Rowan on Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs