A good cup of tea (storywise)

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

A good cup of tea (storywise)

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:04 am

What is yours? Not just any ol' cup of tea, within a zone of general acceptableness, but the best you can think of. It doesn't have to be perfect, or what could be considered ideal, but it is -- without a doubt -- very much desired. Perhaps you've already read such a story? Or does it/do they only exist in your head at the moment?

What do you look for? Is there a particular series required? A certain pairing of characters, perhaps? Maybe it's the setting, theme, genre(s), or something even more specific? Is it just a few things, or a lot of things, that need to come together to create the reading experience you're looking for?

I was wondering 'cause I'm not sure what mine is, exactly. I'm rather picky, and never seem to feel all that satisfied for one reason or another, and this has only gotten worse over time. I don't even know if any of the stories I've written, am writing or will write, will fit the hardly-known requirements. I wonder if I'll ever read or write a story that will fill me with contentment, and be glad that both it and I existed at a time where our paths could meet.

Wait, that kinda makes it sound like we'd be star-crossed lovers or something. Kyaaaa! XD
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: A good cup of tea (storywise)

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:56 am

Sometimes there's simply a story I want to write. Making it all the way to the end in a satisfactory manner, with no real bloopers, is good. Other times -- somebody's written something that could have been good, or maybe even that was good. I look upon it and say, "I could do better than that." And I go forth, and sonofagun, I do do better than that. That's even better. Those two are where a lot of fanfiction comes from. (We'll not mention Mary Sue.)
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Re: A good cup of tea (storywise)

Postby CRBWildcat » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Far as reading something goes, I'll read anything that makes me laugh and doesn't offend my sensibilities or morals (for example, I usually stay away from M-rated stuff on general principles). Since this is a bit broad, it's more of a glass of soda than a cup of tea; everything from Touhou to Mega Man, Batman: The Animated Series to Disney's Gargoyles, Star Wars to The Lion King, Slayers to Cromartie High School... it's not a solid preference, never will be.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs