Ukyo's eyes.

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

What color do YOU want Ukyo's eyes to be?

Black
No votes
Brown
38%
Hazel
13%
Blue
No votes
Green
38%
other
13%

Total votes : 8

Re: Ukyo's eyes.

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:51 pm

The color green is most often attributed with either envy, nausea and nature. Only the first of those would relate to someone's personality, though. Unless you count a green thumb, even though this is about eyes. :P
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:54 pm

I thought green was redhead?
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:21 am

It's more that green and red together is associated with the Irish. Considering the rarity of true redheads, and how uncommon green eyes are, you're more likely to see a redhead with blue eyes than green.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:45 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:It's more that green and red together is associated with the Irish. Considering the rarity of true redheads, and how uncommon green eyes are, you're more likely to see a redhead with blue eyes than green.

In star trek, it is also a sign of possession/symbiotic infestation of an energy based life form.

Hey... it was for Beverly Crusher...

Sub Rosa
- [Direct] http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Sub_Rosa_(episode)
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:47 am

Maybe she has charmilian eyes? Like lum and her hair?

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:18 pm

Noy Telinú wrote:I thought green was redhead?

No connection.

Green eyes mean what, personality wise?

Eye colour has no connection with personality, at least not in reality.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:54 pm

While I personally tend to agree eye color does not indicate personality... many would disagree with that...

For example:

Eye Color - Psychology Wiki
- [Direct] http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Eye_color
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:11 pm

This article needs rewriting to enhance its relevance to psychologists.

You need a better example. I didn't see anything about personality at all. ^^;
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:27 pm

I know that real life is boring in that regard, but fiction usually is not. So... in anime, does eye color match personality?

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:42 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:While I personally tend to agree eye color does not indicate personality... many would disagree with that...

For example:

Eye Color - Psychology Wiki
- [Direct] http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Eye_color

Uhm...? That´s basically the normal wikipedia article about eye colour yes? I read it a few years ago.
The closest thing to anything relating to personality that is mentioned is about the idiom of calling someone naive as "blue-eyed", and that´s because blue eyes are common in infants.

If you seriously look around, you find that asserting personality to eye colour is something done in pop quizzes, by magazines that wants entertainment rather than facts and so on.

I know that real life is boring in that regard, but fiction usually is not. So... in anime, does eye color match personality?

Now that is a more relevant question. Try googling "eye color meaning" and similar...
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Brown Pertaining to the earth: Creativity, Courage, Fertility, Growth, Energy, Endurance Those with brown eyes are known to be very grounded, and are not swayed by materialistic desires or tendencies. They are close to nature, and seem to perform best when working in accordance with it. Yet, they are independent and strong.
Hazel Inner Courage and Independence Those with hazel colored eyes portray the ability to heal oneself, sensitivity and empathy for others, and are yet exuberant themselves.
Green Good health, Youth and Innocence, Life-force, Vegetation, Freshness The green eye color pertains to the ability to heal. Those with green eyes are spiritual in nature but not necessarily religious. They are vibrant yet compassionate, and are also known to be very creative people.
Blue Energy of the sky and sun, Direct conscious thought The color blue has often been associated with clairvoyant abilities, and the capacity to see visions of the past and the future. Those with blue eyes are assertive and direct, are full of life, and have a keen sense of observation.
Gray Weather, Water, Change, Wisdom, Mystery Gray eyes are known to portray a deep inner strength that cannot be affected by any outside force. People with gray eyes are known to be sensitive and profound. They have the ability to manipulate themselves according to the need of their surroundings.
Black Mystery, Darkness of the night, Sex, Bewitching, Secretive, Worship Though assumed to be fairly common, not too many people have black eyes. Those who have black eyes are known to be sensual in nature and very secretive. They are known not to share much about themselves or their lives with others. They also possess the capacity to develop psychic powers by using their inner energy.
Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/eye-color-meaning.html

Hmm...

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:35 pm

Hmm...

Yeah, that´s about as good as can be found.

Then of course, a lot of people, myself included, have eyecolours that are not 100% consistent, like partial heterochromia and the like, and then you still have to decide what THAT means anyway. :twisted:

:wink:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:50 pm

You need a better example. I didn't see anything about personality at all. ^^;

Actually... no. You and others seemed to miss the first statement I made... I don't really believe it myself... but others do.

If it is that way in anime, it is that way *because* they follow the various clichés and believed standards in society on eyes and hair... they are actually perpetuating and feeding them...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Hmm...

So, just ignore the cliche?

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs