The Terrible Crossover Fanfiction Idea Generator, Reborn!

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: The Terrible Crossover Fanfiction Idea Generator, Reborn

Postby Neko- » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:22 pm

Someone mentioned bonuspoints for using extra series? Or do we want to add locations? Or a max (or min) of words to be used?
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby gsteemso » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:30 pm

Neko- wrote:Someone mentioned bonuspoints for using extra series? Or do we want to add locations? Or a max (or min) of words to be used?

Adding series gets exponentially harder to do well as the total number rises, locations should probably be a "bonus points if you can work this in" thing (possibly with an emphasis on fantastical ones, e.g. Mordor, Lilliput, Jusenkyo, Barsoom…), and I would suggest that word count should be a "target range" kind of thing, lest the result be either one of those crapfics that needs a dozen chapters to reach 1000 words, or else an unfinishable million-word epic. My 2¢, take as you like.
The world’s only gsteemso
gsteemso
Senshi Cadet

Postby Neko- » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:04 am

Looking at what I did with PowerShell, it'd be fairly easy to create a new list of locations, provide a variable with one of those at random, and output the thing with the challenge.
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Neko- wrote:Looking at what I did with PowerShell, it'd be fairly easy to create a new list of locations, provide a variable with one of those at random, and output the thing with the challenge.

Potential bonus categories as klichés, genre´s and tertiary crossovers...
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:17 pm

Then again, would one really take a challenge still if it encompasses 5 or 6 or even more statements?

A crossover and a plot is fairly easy to wrap around and keep to one-liners as a response, but anything more gets progressively harder, and will require more typing to provide the response. Not to mention more reading, and the point of this is more or less to fire off a quick-reply, and coast through it all reading.
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:51 pm

Then again, would one really take a challenge still if it encompasses 5 or 6 or even more statements?

That´s why said you have the two crossovers as the primary and then the rest as bonus categories.

A crossover and a plot is fairly easy to wrap around and keep to one-liners as a response, but anything more gets progressively harder, and will require more typing to provide the response. Not to mention more reading, and the point of this is more or less to fire off a quick-reply, and coast through it all reading.

Huh, well personally i think most of the time oneliner responses are uninteresting, it´s not a story at all, so i would WANT something more serious.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs