Ranma as a Sailor Senshi Generator

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: Ranma as a Sailor Senshi Generator

Postby Noy Telinú » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:48 am

Theres Mindy, but she's young too. The only adult female available is Eris.
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby DCG » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Hows it looking so far warg?
Fukufics Mod, Plot Hammer, And Muse poker.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:58 am

I'm looking to see how it goes.

Does it work by just being random?

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:48 am

Sorry for lack of updates, irl has been a pain lately. I am predicting a late January release, sooner (if things go really well) if I can get time to work on it.

At the moment there are only two things left to be done, as a priority, third series cross, and matchups. both sound easy, but both also are dynamic and actually, previously, involved dozens of seperate rolls. Now I have an easier way by building a dynamic list to roll from so rolls can later be adjusted.

I'm looking to see how it goes.

Does it work by just being random?

Pretty much

Each plot element is rolled seperately
so
Random roll:
Ranma is Sailor Moon (Future)(Not Chibi-Usa): This is the roll for which Sailor Senshi, there are options you can chose to use to affect the roll, such as Canon only, this roll would be non-canon
Ranma was drafted by fate: This is another roll, again options can affect it.

Ultimately the outcome is random no matter what you choose, but you do have control of what the options are.
Canon/non-canon
Does Ranma get new engagments, new love interests (these are seperate rolls, so as not to force Ranma to choose an existing or new engagment.

Some options will limit rolls, while others add rolls.

The first post has a sample output which is mostly random (I admit to rolling a few times to find a suitably funny one)
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:54 am

Oh I see.

Well, good luck.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Just an update for anyone interested.

I have made some progress, but I have been sick and busy lately. Though That is getting fixed. I should have more time and option to get this done. Still looking like an end of jan I will have a version to play with, if not then first week of Feb. at that time I will really need feedback on how to improve it. I will also have release notes regarding it.

The BIG question I have is which would be better, a web applet version or an windows EXE? (I do not have any other OS to test with so other OS are not possible.)

Secondary question, will people want my source code? I use eclipse to write if that matters to anyone answering the question.

Edit: After the IRC discussion tonight additional, unexpected changes to options have arisen. it might push the dates back, but time will tell.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby uragaaru » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:46 am

browser-based is probably the most useful.
uragaaru
Senshi Cadet

Postby Gallicus » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Have you seen the previous take on this?

jusenkyo.wikia.com/wiki/Ranma_½/Sailor_Moon_Crossover_Cliché_Creator
====
Wanted! One really cool and funny signature to fill this spot. Apply now!
Gallicus
Senshi Cadet

Postby WG_Writer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:37 pm

I knew of it, mine was originally made a few years after and geared towards this site as mine was a Ranma as a Sailor Senshi generator. I never actually looked at that one though.

Update on progress:

Getting closer to completion, here is what I have left to do before releasing my current build:

(done list)
SPOILER - Show Spoiler
make the toggle to the love interest work
slave the additional series love interest roll to the fact that there is another series in the mix
(both of these are actually easy and should be done tonight)

Additional rolls
make cliche roll
make alignment roll
make fuku roll (to randomly chose which fuku Ranma is wearing)
(these three should be quick and might be done tonight or tomorrow depending on things)

Additional crossover roll
This is something that is mostly gruntwork and a lot of research, and careful wording, the coding itself is easy, the hard part is getting all the descriptions written.

The last two parts of this are rolls I am debating tossing, basically one is a love interest roll where if Ranma is Sailor Moon it prevents Usagi from being a love interest. and similar for all senshi. I still do not know how to pull this off smoothly. (thus no eta on this one)
The second is similar to above which when active causes Ranma as either Sailor Moon/Terra to have a boosted chance to have Mamoru/Usagi (respectively) as a love interest. If I can get the above working this one will be cake.

Once these are done I think the Build will be ready for select testing. As to why I am not doing this now, well I am, I am posting here as a break :p
I am leaning towards an exe plus source code release, that way if someone else wants to repack it another way it will be easier. (Though I take no responcibility for anyone repacking it)

Due to medical reasons this project is delayed no eta at this time.
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs