Ranma Chan Fanfics Webpage

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Ranma Chan Fanfics Webpage

Postby jasonjkay » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:41 pm

Hey all, been a while since I've posted to the site. Devastated to hear about the crash so I thought I'd just take the opportunity to advertise my site again (Posted it hear years ago) just in case anybody doesn't know about it. It's a fairly large list of at least fairly decent Ranma chan fics, that is either Ranma locked as a girl, more girly than normal, or Ranma split in two. I still update the site very now and again and in fact I uploaded a minor update just a few days ago.
Here is the Link to it at http://rankofics.99k.org/
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Ranma Chan Fanfics Webpage

Postby Noy Telinú » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:53 am

I'll be sure to check them out. ^_^

Yeah, the crash sucked, it took all my posts! D:

I'm in the process of making more Ranma chan fics, so look out!
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:01 am

Nice website...
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:28 am

No access from work. I get this message.

Access Denied (content_filter_denied)

L'accès au site demandé est bloqué car son contenu est catégorisé comme suit : "Dynamic DNS Host".

Si vous souhaitez obtenir plus d'informations ou contester cette catégorisation, veuillez cliquer ici.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:02 am

Noy Telinú wrote:I'll be sure to check them out. ^_^

Yeah, the crash sucked, it took all my posts! D:

I'm in the process of making more Ranma chan fics, so look out!
I dont think I've read any of your work so I've just downloaded them from fanfiction.net and I'll give them a shot. If I like them then I'm sure ill add them to the site. Edit: I just checked and it turns out I have read Ranma chan, the Cat. That story is already on the site, so ill give the others a shot.

Dumbledork wrote:No access from work. I get this message.
I'm not sure what I could do to fix that as I'm using a free web server called Zymic to host the site and I have no idea why the filters would block it.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:00 am

Yeah, I'm just giving you a heads up because on December 21st I'm posting a new Ranma chan fanfic and if we survive to the first of next year, another one. The one on the first is I think much more your style, darker, much more sad...

Thanks for giving them a shot!

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:07 am

trying to redesign the site a bit. Currently using dreamweaver CS6 and was wondering if anybody knows of a javascript of something that would allow the links on the left hand side of the page to always be at the top when you scroll the page without using frames. Also id like to improve the crossovers page with something like a popup layer that shows a description of the fic when the mouse cursor hovers over it's title.

No idea if anybody has the knowledge to accomplish these tasks but cant hurt to ask right?
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Sorry, no idea.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:03 pm

jasonjkay wrote:trying to redesign the site a bit. Currently using dreamweaver CS6 and was wondering if anybody knows of a javascript of something that would allow the links on the left hand side of the page to always be at the top when you scroll the page without using frames. Also id like to improve the crossovers page with something like a popup layer that shows a description of the fic when the mouse cursor hovers over it's title.

No idea if anybody has the knowledge to accomplish these tasks but cant hurt to ask right?
You can do that with CSS, which is what I'd recommend because some people browse with Javascript disabled. However, I'm not sure if the latest Internet Explorer supports the CSS function that does the job, so...

I'm not nearly as versed in Javascript as I am CSS, but I believe that -- for this -- what you're looking for is position:absolute for both. It should be easy to search for it and find a guide on how to use it for either one.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:21 pm

IE sucks...

It does.

Everytime I used IE, some websites crashed a ton, like The Ranma lemon archive.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:41 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:You can do that with CSS, which is what I'd recommend because some people browse with Javascript disabled. However, I'm not sure if the latest Internet Explorer supports the CSS function that does the job, so...

I'm not nearly as versed in Javascript as I am CSS, but I believe that -- for this -- what you're looking for is position:absolute for both. It should be easy to search for it and find a guide on how to use it for either one.
I am absolutely clueless about CSS stuff, then again I am clueless about javascript too, however with java script I can just find some code, place it into the code of the webpage and then copy a little piece of code that will run the script.

Anyway after searching for a while I found this http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicinde ... ooltip.htm which allowed me to do what I wanted. Now the crossover page has an effect when you hover the mouse over the links, it will display a box containing the summary of the story rather than having to click on it to find out what the story is about. If you have javascript disabled then I assume the page would run just the same as it did before and the user just doesn't get the full experience. I spent about 7-8 hours yesterday adding a small piece of code to every story link and then copying the summary for every story into the coding to make it show up.

Anyway could some of you take a look and see if it works for you and your browser, I've tried it with firefox 16 and internet explorer 9 and it seems to work fine.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:39 pm

It works, a bit of a pain on mobile though.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Noy Telinú wrote:It works, a bit of a pain on mobile though.
I suppose, and the layout isnt very good for mobile browsing either as the left bar takes up way too much space. The page was designed on a pc for pc, as making it work properly for mobile devices as well would be much harder and hardly worth it as my page isnt that popular.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Oh no! D:

It's not that popular?!

Then... We need to plug it... Shamelessly...

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:03 pm

jasonjkay wrote:Anyway could some of you take a look and see if it works for you and your browser, I've tried it with firefox 16 and internet explorer 9 and it seems to work fine.
Works for Firefox 3.6.8. I can't say what you have is pretty but it gets the job done. It's probably a lot more browser-friendly than the method I use on my site, since I use CSS in a way that IE still doesn't support in all likelihood.

Of course, for something like that, I personally might have used the "title" element instead of Javascript. It's not exactly great if you're looking for a particular appearance, so I just use it for foreign words and such in my stories (you can see an example of it in the link above).
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Next

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs