Updated/New Fic list

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Re: Updated/New Fic list

Postby LawOhki » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:45 am

Dumbledork wrote:I found a fic on ff.net earlier today, but it seems to be gone now. Since it Looks like a potential fukufic I'd like to know if anyone has had the time to read it and if it is any good.

The link and summary are still there but you can't load the story

Probably an ff.net hiccup and that story is REALLY bad. Setup chapter for super op Ranma with foreknowledge so everything can be fixed. Seems to be written by someone really young with how simple it is and the glaring spelling errors like worrier.

Icing on the cake for me is that Chaos was the one to appoint this new senshi position....
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:19 am

It's back on, and you were right. I shouldn't have bothered with it.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Darkbane848 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:35 pm

Darkbane848
Senshi Cadet

Postby Fellow Sufferer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Darkbane848 wrote:TheGrum has finally updated again. The stories updated this time are:

The Weapon's Prisoner
Unexpected Supremacy
Deific Wisdom
Neko Senshi

Wow. That takes me back...

Now, if only he could concentrate on Rune Ranko series more...
'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean different things.'
'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master - that's all.'

Fellow Sufferer
Senshi Cadet

Postby CRBWildcat » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:44 pm

Ainrhyr's Rise of the Chosen has been updated with Chapter 26.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:47 pm

Looks like a new fukufic:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10101768/1/Love-of-a-Child (one chapter so far)
Lunar Adept wrote:The Senshi discover another person from the Silver Millennium, one who seems to be Moon royalty. Who is this silver-red head, and why is Usagi and Minako acting so strange? Why is Setsuna wigging out? And through out it all, what does Ranma have to do with this? Everything, as usual. A fukufic in which Ranma is emotional, Chibiusa is sexy, Akane's unimportant, and Genma is stupid.
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:19 pm

Té Rowan wrote:Looks like a new fukufic:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10101768/1/Love-of-a-Child (one chapter so far)
The Senshi discover another person from the Silver Millennium, one who seems to be Moon royalty. Who is this silver-red head, and why is Usagi and Minako acting so strange? Why is Setsuna wigging out? And through out it all, what does Ranma have to do with this? Everything, as usual. A fukufic in which Ranma is emotional, Chibiusa is sexy, Akane's unimportant, and Genma is stupid.

And it's almost unreadably bad.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Atlan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:01 pm

There's a sequel to Haigeki online now. It's not by the original author, but it's well written and seems to be at least semi-approved by the original author. (It's on his favorite list)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10269998/1 ... e-Beholder
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:34 pm

Atlan wrote:There's a sequel to Haigeki online now. It's not by the original author, but it's well written and seems to be at least semi-approved by the original author. (It's on his favorite list)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10269998/1 ... e-Beholder

I've read the summary and the reviews and it seems to me like this will be a Ranma bashing fic with Akane as the innocent victim. Not my cup of tea. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:29 am

Dumbledork wrote:I've read the summary and the reviews and it seems to me like this will be a Ranma bashing fic with Akane as the innocent victim. Not my cup of tea. Tell me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong in that Akane always was an innocent victim in Haigeki, pretty much all the girls were. Ranma and Ukyo to a lesser extent as well. She's even more of a victim now that anything ever connected to that was ripped away to get rid of the rot Artemis installed in her just to spite Ranma. I was less a fan of how much it tried to summarize such a lengthy story from Ukyo's pov and it doesn't really jive with how Haigeki progressed from it.

Going to see more in order to really form an opinion on it but I would give it a tentative recommendation.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:42 am

Yes, but I think in the end Ranma did the right thing. Akane was really too unstable and fanatic. I just don't want to read the usual 'it's Ranma's fault' stuff you usually find in fics by rabid Akane worshippers

On another note, 'Having a Wild Time' by Vahn got updated to chapter 5. I really like it so far. The fight was great.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10171762/5 ... -Wild-Time

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Darkbane848 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:40 pm

TheGrum updated two of his stories yesterday, Rune Ranko and Deific Wisdom.
Darkbane848
Senshi Cadet

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:57 pm

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9916589/71/ — So what exactly do you do with a magical girl whose aiming is worse than that of any fanon Senshi?
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:35 pm

I kept remembering Ifurita in the El Hazard TV series (the black haired bimbo, not the platinum haired warrior form the OAV's). Half the time she tended to forget which end her blasts came from out of her weapon.

As for the creatures, based on description, they almost come across to me as a mix of the grab-boy with 2 feet wailers from tremors and a gremlin.

In fact, would not mind a crossover story, mix Bert coming across a magical girl fight with them, and wailing about being denied critical need to know information about magical girls being present, and wondering where he can get a energy sword or a magical pole arm.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:34 am

Té Rowan wrote:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9916589/71/ — So what exactly do you do with a magical girl whose aiming is worse than that of any fanon Senshi?

Check to see if she needs glasses?
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs