A poll question about a poll dilemma involving story ideas

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

If a poll had forty to fifty options, each with a story idea, would you bother with it?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:01 am

Sure. What's the problem?
36%
Probably. I'd just need the time.
9%
Maybe. Seems like a bit much, though.
27%
I dunno. Looks like a lot of work.
No votes
Um... It doesn't really seem worth the effort.
9%
Are you insane? No. Just, no.
18%
[Selected: Random Gibberish.]
No votes

Total votes : 11

A poll question about a poll dilemma involving story ideas

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:01 am

So, I set up a poll on my profile page at FF.net. I think what I have there serves its intended purpose, but I've run into some disagreement, though from a user standpoint rather than a server one. (As it's mostly supposed to be for my sake, in the direct sense, not others.)

Still, it raised the question. Maybe folks would actually go for a poll with forty to fifty options, with each having multiple sentences worth of information, and perhaps my personal reluctance is unfounded. I mean, I'm assuming that I'm at least a bit old-fashioned when it comes to this stuff, and in others I may even be eccentric, so how can I be sure that what I'm doing is taking advantage of what works best these days? I'm a hermit, not a socialite. Though I see and hear enough about the trends on the Internet to presume that a lot of people prefer things to be short and simple. (And by "simple," I mean, "Is that even a language anymore?" ;p )

In the end, there has to come a point where someone will find the content of a poll ridiculous/outrageous, and I have to wonder if mine would fall into that category if it had that many story ideas in it.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: A poll question about a poll dilemma involving story ide

Postby frice2000 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Perhaps provide a link to a Google Docs poll? Instructions on how to make one here: http://www.demogeek.com/2009/04/01/poll ... readsheet/ . You can make them VERY in depth and quite long if that's what you want to do.

But if it's just 40 options one after another after another...No that's stupid. You kind of need to break things up at least a little.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs