Ranma's age when arriving at the Tendos

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

How old do YOU think Ranma is when arriving at the Tendos?

38%
No votes
between 15 and 16
46%
8%
No votes
No votes
younger than 13
8%
older than 17
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: Ranma's age when arriving at the Tendos

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:44 am

Even claiming 14 is ridiculously pushing it too far. Think about it, exactly how fast do people grow between ages 12 and 16 usually? Not to mention there are kids who if they didn't have Sex Ed or The Talk would still be wondering why a phallus changes size and shape.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Ranma's age when arriving at the Tendos

Postby three headed dog » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:57 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Even claiming 14 is ridiculously pushing it too far. Think about it, exactly how fast do people grow between ages 12 and 16 usually? Not to mention there are kids who if they didn't have Sex Ed or The Talk would still be wondering why a phallus changes size and shape.

14 is too young but some people do go through puberty early and look around 16-17 when they are 12 (Precocious puberty) and some children have way too much knowledge of things that most people believe they are too young for after all there are quite a few mothers who had children before the age of 15 (here is a list of mothers that weren't even 12 yet when they had a kid https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_y ... th_mothers). I see fics in which 11-12 year olds start dating and have sex (Harry Potter and Naruto for example) and while they creep me out I do realize to some degree they aren't as far fetched as I'd like them to be. Preteens do get crushes and experiment with relationships some even do have sex. Too often by the time sex education is taught, depending on where you live the grade it is taught in varies, the kids had already started experimenting. In case you were wondering in Japan Sex ed is mandatory from age 10 or 11, mainly covering biological topics.
three headed dog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs