Manhood vs Akane's life

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Including Polls, RPGs & Multiple Author Works

Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

Would Ranma sacrifice being male to save Akane's life post manga?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Yes. Without hesitation.
71%
Yes. But only after hesitating.
14%
Toss up. I'm not sure.
14%
No. After thinking about it.
No votes
No. Just no.
No votes
Would spend so much time agonizing over it that it's too late and Akane dies and Ranma loses manhood.
No votes

Total votes : 14

Manhood vs Akane's life

Postby Noy Telinú » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:21 pm

I've been thinking of this for a while and I'm stumped.

Would Ranma choose to let Akane live or keep his manhood if she was in a life or death situation?

For example, Akane gets thrown into a deep spring that would keep Ranma female forever somehow and Ranma knows it.

Would Ranma save Akane, meaning he would never be a he again, or leave her to die?

We know Ranma's life is one thing but his manhood is another story. Would he? I have an idea, but I want to know what you think.
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Manhood vs Akane's life

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:27 pm

Given that you even posted this question I am guessing you have never read the manga and only fanfiction stories. There are earlier points where it might be possible but Ranma killed for Akane already at that point.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Woah, Woah, Woah...

WHAT?

You still think that?

I read the manga YES. I don't base this off of fanfiction!

Yes, Ranma killed Saffron the phoenix king so that he could save Akane from being a dehydrated doll that would die soon. Yes, when he thought she died he had a blue screen of death moment.

I just want to ask what others think!

My unsure-ity is mostly on hesitation or not.

Jeeze Spok...

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:38 pm

I voted "sure, no hesitation" -- though I've followed neither manga nor anime to the end. Fanon might, or might not, agree with that. There'd better be deep introspection on everybody's part if it happens, though, or I'll ask for my money back.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby jasonjkay » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:08 pm

Im totally unsure. After the end of the manga ranma has killed for her, sacrificed Jusenkyo, destroyed the spring on Toma's island of Togenkyo prenting him form getting cured in order to save Akane and has adapted to living with the curse with no hope for a real cure so part if me says yes, However every time Ranma got locked into female form he fought like hell to get it unlocked, fighting Cologne and Herb so if he knew he would get locked into female form would he sacrifice his manhood to save Akane, I don't think so and yet the first part of me is still saying yes. I think he would definitely hesitate though as he might wonder if Akane would even want to be with him if he is locked as a girl, and is it Cannon or Fannon where Genma is prepared to have Ranma marry Soun if he doesn't unlock his curse during the Herb storyline? maybe that might make Ranma not want to save Akane as well.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:23 pm

I think this question is answered with Herb's story arc. Ranma was willing to live the rest of his life as a girl if it meant that he could return to Akane alive, for her sake. And he's put his life on the line for her sake more than once, too. Manhood simply can't measure up to one's own life, and he's been willing to throw away both for Akane at one point or another.

Whether he hesitates or not would likely depend on the circumstances, but I believe that he'd definitely save her whether his manhood or his life was the price.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:51 pm

While I know there are many whom do not accept it as canon... but he does *exactly* this in the 2nd Ranma movie, where they are stuck on Tomas island... when him and Akane are falling toward the sping that would cure him from a extreme height... he grabs her and blows it up rather than let her die or be cursed to be a man...

I think it was a fairly accurate portrayal of his actions were that to have occured in manga...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:16 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:While I know there are many whom do not accept it as canon... but he does *exactly* this in the 2nd Ranma movie, where they are stuck on Tomas island... when him and Akane are falling toward the sping that would cure him from a extreme height... he grabs her and blows it up rather than let her die or be cursed to be a man...

I think it was a fairly accurate portrayal of his actions were that to have occurred in manga...
Yes but in your example Ranma is only destroying his chance for a cure, he can still change back to male. The first topic states the spring would trap Ranma in female form if he saved Akane and knows it, therefore would Ranma have to think about saving Akane in this case?
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:19 pm

jasonjkay wrote:Yes but in your example Ranma is only destroying his chance for a cure, he can still change back to male. The first topic states the spring would trap Ranma in female form if he saved Akane and knows it, therefore would Ranma have to think about saving Akane in this case?

But I really don't think his actions would be any different...

Would he regret them later... yup...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Ranma would regret that it came to that, that he couldn't find a third option, or that Akane couldn't swim or whatnot.

That's how I see it.

I still think he would hesitate and try to quickly think of another way to save her besides jumping in, but would do so when he realized that there isn't enough time.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Phoenix » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:55 pm

*Yes. Without hesitation

My reasoning being that i would like to think that ranma would consider any life or at least any life of his family or friends more important then the cure. not necessarily just for Akane.

Cant say that the last option wasn't enticing though :P
http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/6534/3/0/1/ -Your source for onna ranma fics.
Phoenix
Senshi Cadet

Postby uragaaru » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:04 am

The only scenario where there would be hesitation on Ranma's part, especially post-manga, is if Akane's dying was a long slow process (akin to a degenrative illness or slow-acting poison) and there was time to try alternative solutions. If time was running out and/or a split second decision had to be made, he would do it without a moment's hesitation, definitely.

I've been knocking my head on a fic that deals with such a decision's aftermath. This is the other half of it. At the moment it's happening, Ranma would never consider the consequences of his actions if Akane's life was on the line.
uragaaru
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spica75 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:38 pm

If time was running out and/or a split second decision had to be made, he would do it without a moment's hesitation, definitely.

Yup. Not a chance that he would hesitate if he knew or thought her life was on the line. He probably wouldn´t even hesitate even if he knew she was ~only in danger of getting into a lifethreatening danger~, so to speak.

We know Ranma's life is one thing but his manhood is another story.

No it isn´t. If she´s in danger, he jumps to the rescue, he would try to avoid any "bad stuff" if he has the chance and he might not be superhappy about it, but jumping to her rescue is not something optional to him.
He would probably do the same thing for some others as well, but for Akane it would simply be automatic.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Yeah, I guess that was just a lie he said earlier.

Or that he changed his mind later.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Miscellaneous, Polls, RPGs