just wont die ranma series

Talk about all other fiction in this forum.

just wont die ranma series

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:05 am

I have just found the ranma Just Wont Die series and am thinking about reading it but amkinda intimidated by the length of the chapters. Is it an interesting enough read to commit to it.
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Re: just wont die ranma series

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:21 am

HopeSeiketsu wrote:I have just found the ranma Just Wont Die series and am thinking about reading it but amkinda intimidated by the length of the chapters. Is it an interesting enough read to commit to it.

It is amazing how often that story comes up.

Warning1... the FanFiction.NET copy is incomplete, if that is the version you found, it is not everything.

Warning2... that saga, combined is some 14.4mb of txt... it is one of the largest anime fan fiction stories I've ever attempted to read. It will take quite some time for even a fast reader to go through it.

Here is a more complete copy of the story... a internet archive page to the old web site, which also has fan art.

RANMA-MULTI 'Just won't die' by Jeffrey OneShot Wong - [Dld Date=05/31/2006] - [Dld Size=14776kb] - [Dld File Cnt=33] - [Dld Status=Inactive]
The reading order on that one is pretty strange, as it was written somewhat out of order, and some parts were written at the same time as others, a couple sections, like just won't die nene are incomplete... approximate reading order from my old notes is:

Approximate Reading Order - mainline series:

wontdie1.txt
wontdie2.txt
wontdie3.txt
wontdie4.txt
wontdie5.txt
wontdie6.txt
wontdie7.txt
wontdiefinal.txt
tlocd.txt (optional)
spinoff3.txt (optional)
wontdieshinji.txt
wontdiereborn.txt
wontdienene.txt

The JustwontDieAsuka is almost self contained, except the start, as the great bulk of it merely involves her and Ranma in a X-Men universe.

The JustWontDieRanma takes place as a side story between the end of JustWontDieAsuka and getting home to the mainline

The JustWontDieUrd one is technically a prequel to the series, but it was created far later.

The JustWontDieNaruto stories I never actually read (major turnoff), but were among the last of the stories written.

The JustWontDie9 is pretty much the ending of the mainline, but could be read anytime after JustWontDieShinji.

Spinoffs, except spinoff #3, can mostly be read in order, and many are standalone. Should be read after series though, since they refer back in one way or another to various points in them. The Extra and the archeology ones were made late in story compared to other spinoffs.

Spinoffs 1-11 (not counting #3)
jwdfspinoff
Justwontdieextra
JustWontDieArcheology
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fiction Discussion