Is a story still a story if it's mainly funny?

Talk about all other fiction in this forum.

Postby Vahn » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:09 pm

There's funny comedy story but then there is stories that's mainly comprise of a bunch of one liners. <--- For some reason, I can't leave the damn Seahorse Universe alone and my muse, as if trying to bounce back from the epilogue, thought of this amusing (to me) way of doing another Variation. But can it really be counted as a story or is ti more a troll story if it's mostly for laugh and amusements. If I do write it I would probably slap it on the back of Lost and Found and retitled Variations: lost and found to just "Variation". But the working title so far is "Of Pegasus and Seahorses" yet it's so... not serious. I am not sure if it is one big fat omake or a story that deserve some serious focus. As for now I have yet to write anything but little snippets of it.

Not sure how to classified it I guess.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Is a story still a story if it's mainly funny?

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Ranma is Anything Goes. Omakes are Anything Goes. It should work.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Re: Is a story still a story if it's mainly funny?

Postby Spica75 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:51 pm

Sure.

But can it really be counted as a story or is ti more a troll story if it's mostly for laugh and amusements.

If it tells or shows some sort of story, then it´s a story no matter how weird it´s written.

You don´t even need oneliners, you can tell a story by single word sentences( i would give an example, but i suck pathetically at that kind of storytelling ).

If there is any sort of connection between the oneliners, you definitely have a story.

But the working title so far is "Of Pegasus and Seahorses" yet it's so... not serious.

Just as a note, IF the title is supposed to be plural on both, then it´s Pegasi.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fiction Discussion