So I wrote a Fate Stay Night /Warcraft Cross over

Talk about all other fiction in this forum.

So I wrote a Fate Stay Night /Warcraft Cross over

Postby Vahn » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:09 pm

And it's decent for what it is, but from it's inception I have been flooded with adding Shirou Emiya to the mix of that fic, both via private messages and outright demands in my reviews. I have decided to response with a firm "No" just so I won't string people along, that if you are reading that story it WILL be Saber aka Arturia Pendragon and her Knight Centric. So far so good, a little over 13 chapters. Then I get a request. A respectable author, who wrote works I quite enjoy, want to do an Alternate Take on my fight the "Lioness of Stormwind" only this time of course, he will be adding Shirou to the mix.

I gotta say, My first reaction is to say yes, it could be the next Careful Destiny, who was a spin off of the same one shot. Then a few of my editors say I shouldn't. I dunno, I mean someone want to make a fanfic of my fanfic. I felt flattered. shouldn't I be? I don't see any real harm in granting that permission and it would give all the Shirou philliacs a Lioness take where they would enjoy. What you guys think?
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: So I wrote a Fate Stay Night /Warcraft Cross over

Postby Spica75 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:29 pm

As long as the writer attributes you as the origin, why not?

And seriously, if someone wants to write, you can´t stop them anyway unless they´re being nice and asking. And i always felt it was ridiculous when i see some fanfic writers demand that others cannot use their stuff for fanfics or even proclaim copyright and state that others aint allowed to violate it.

I mean, hypocrisy much? Totally weird.

Let him write and hope that it´s totally awesome and gets you some extra readers.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fiction Discussion