Just Re:read Finding Home by Gabriel Blessing

Talk about all other fiction in this forum.

Just Re:read Finding Home by Gabriel Blessing

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:39 pm

As the name says I just finished re:reading Finding Home and i was just wondering what others who have read it think.

I personally love it, it have always been interested in Galaxia and I really like that story. I don't know why, maybe its because I can sympathize with them and know what that loneliness is like. All alone even when you are surrounded by people. Alone because nobody really understands you... It's not the best of feelings. But its also not the worst, betrayal is far worse than the loneliness.

But back to the point I truly enjoyed the story and liked how he managed to pull off a good first person point of view. Lol he was right about the nostalgia of re:reading it he really was. Its a shame I haven't seen any new fics in the ranma fanon latley from him but aw well he IS a great author though.

Though I can't help but feel that the name should have been A Moth to a Flame in my opinion it just would have made sense with all the references to ir
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Re: Just Re:read Finding Home by Gabriel Blessing

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:52 pm

HopeSeiketsu wrote:As the name says I just finished re:reading Finding Home and i was just wondering what others who have read it think.

I personally love it, it have always been interested in Galaxia and I really like that story. I don't know why, maybe its because I can sympathize with them and know what that loneliness is like. All alone even when you are surrounded by people. Alone because nobody really understands you... It's not the best of feelings. But its also not the worst, betrayal is far worse than the loneliness.

But back to the point I truly enjoyed the story and liked how he managed to pull off a good first person point of view. Lol he was right about the nostalgia of re:reading it he really was. Its a shame I haven't seen any new fics in the ranma fanon latley from him but aw well he IS a great author though.

Though I can't help but feel that the name should have been A Moth to a Flame in my opinion it just would have made sense with all the references to ir

Meh... I liked a good number of stories by Gabriel Blessing. 'Finding Home' was for me merely 'ok'. I liked a number of his other stories more.

Of his older works I liked 'Finishing what you start' and its side stories most. Followed by 'Destiny'. Another older one that always fascinated me though was 'Dancing'. I had always wished there was more on it, but it was designed as a one shot.

Of his newer, non-Ranma stuff, I liked both the controversial 'Hill of Swords' and the 'Honor Thy Masters'.

Most of his stories are good quality, in regards to the raw quality or writing and spelling, grammar, etc... The main issue with works by that author is while I like the stories, I'm not really too keen on his endings. He could have had IMHO better more solid conclusive endings to both HoS and HtM. Several authors have actually written extensions for Hill of Swords.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fiction Discussion