Not quite a Fukufic: Haigeki

Talk about all other fiction in this forum.

Re: Not quite a Fukufic: Haigeki

Postby Konsaki » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:17 pm

Noy Telinú wrote:I still think the category should've included horror.
No argument here.

Noy Telinú wrote:That and I remembered my aunt saying something about it showing how girly is bad and boyish is good or something.
Because being a murderous sociopathic boy child is a good thing? The main theme of the story is how the Pretty Princess Institute is ran by a crazy woman who plans on worldwide genocide and supplied 'troops' via corrupt Japanese government officials. One way the author shows how the Institute is horrible is the mind/soul rape of Ranma. Just remember that Ranma's the one that chose to go full 'girlified' to more quickly save Ukyo/Akane; the Institute made it worse after that, though.

Noy Telinú wrote:I don't know, but I'm not going near it. That's for sure.
To each their own. I find it unique in writing style as it's being told directly from Ranma's POV most of the time and that's pretty hard to do well. I already know that Ranma's never going to be the same, but I keep reading it to see her stick it to the bad guys in the end.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:08 pm

I really like this fic. It is horrible, yes, but once I start a chapter I can't stop reading.

Same with 'Her War', although there at least we know there's a happy end, well kind of.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Gnudist » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:14 am

Ah little chauvinism.

The idea that during canon Ranma-chan had a voice in her head basically wispering "There's the man of the house, make him a sandwich" is one I find amusing.

And somewhere off-panel a confused Akane pokes her head out from a pile of sandwiches while Ranma-chan adds more to the pile.
In her home in U'sagi dead serenity waits dreaming.
Gnudist
Moon Senshi

Postby Talah » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:05 pm

I read this for a while and liked the "science" behind the magic and everything, but like most people here are pointing out it was pretty dark which made me lose some interest. It was very depressing. With the chapters only coming out once a month (maybe longer now) waiting to read increasingly depressing chapters made me stop following the story. Had there been some victory, even some small victory, for Ranma or the other characters it would have saved the story for me, but it wasn't there from what I read. I might pick it back up again when its finished but I don't know. It reminded me a lot of the sword of truth series. The same thing happened there with me, I lost interest early third book.
Talah
Senshi Candidate

Postby Konsaki » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:43 am

Talah wrote:I read this for a while and liked the "science" behind the magic and everything, but like most people here are pointing out it was pretty dark which made me lose some interest. It was very depressing. With the chapters only coming out once a month (maybe longer now) waiting to read increasingly depressing chapters made me stop following the story. Had there been some victory, even some small victory, for Ranma or the other characters it would have saved the story for me, but it wasn't there from what I read. I might pick it back up again when its finished but I don't know. It reminded me a lot of the sword of truth series. The same thing happened there with me, I lost interest early third book.
There has been a small victory:
SPOILER - Show Spoiler
Ranma escapes the institute with Ukyo and gets the 'Hit anything' spear as spoils in a fight.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Previous

Return to Fiction Discussion