looking for gender bender manga/anime

Talk about all other fiction in this forum.

looking for gender bender manga/anime

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:16 am

I am looking more so for manga as I dont have a crunchyroll account for another month, atleast untill I can get it reactivated. But anyway I was hoping to get a thung started where people tell us about some of there favorite Gender Bender Manga/Manwa and Anime. I will start.

Obviously Ranma is my favorite Gender Bender amd I dont think I should need to talk about that lol. But some of my others are.

1/2 Prince: The plot takes place in a futuristic world where surreal virtual reality games exist. The protagonist is a 19 year-old female student named Feng Lan, who is challenged into playing the newly arrived game Second Life by her twin brother. As the first person to log into the game, Feng Lan is given a wish which she uses to give herself the privilege of creating a male avatar whom she names as Prince. In game, she strives to prove to her brother that she can be a capable player.(Wikipedia)

Kampfer(anime): this is one of my favorite Gender bender anime The plot revolves around Natsuru Senō, a normal high school boy with blue hair. One day he wakes up and found himself turned into a girl. A stuffed tiger "Harakiri Tora" comes to life and tells him that he has been chosen as one of the "Kämpfer", a female fighter. The Kämpfer are destined to fight with other Kämpfer. The story starts when he is attacked by an unknown girl who happens to also be a Kämpfer.

There are more but I am running out of time and have to goto work in 10 minutes so I will check back here after I finish today and will list more and give more then the Wikipedia descriptions and give my actual reasons for likimg them. PS does ANYONE know where I can find the kampfer light novel translated to english? I will be EXTREMELY GRATEFUL if anyone can tell me.
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Re: looking for gender bender manga/anime

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:11 pm

Are there no restrictions to the circumstances of the change? Does it matter whether it's a temporary or permanent change?
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:39 pm

Not at all fire away, so long as it isn't simply reverse trap/trap, or cross dressing.
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:03 pm

Well, these aren't exactly what I would call good, or what I'd say I like, but I felt that they were decent enough that they might appeal to someone else regardless of my own opinion. These aren't all of the ones that I can think of, but for matters of time, memory, how long they are, and how dirty they happen to be, I came up with these.

Kyoukai no Nai Sekai: A setting where one can change their sex (completely) once they're eighteen.

Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo: I haven't read much of this, but it was fairly entertaining, and involves mind-swapping via kissing.

Mori Xingguang: A recent manhwa where a guy turns into a girl if he over-uses his power.

Boku Girl: A guy is turned into a girl by Loki. It's kind of ecchi.

Ame Nochi Hare: Guys change into girls when it rains. I haven't read much of it, so I don't really know where things go.

Glass Shoes: It's been a while since I read this one, but I believe someone dies and possesses a princess that was sickly, and uses her body to investigate his death.

Gacha Gacha - Secret: If I remember correctly, some virtual game malfunctions and he turns into his female avatar and back when he sneezes.

Shishunki Bitter Change: A boy and girl hit their heads and swaps places when they're young, and have to grow with it.

Americano-Exodus: A guy from the magical world transforms into a girl for family/cultural reasons. I forget the exact circumstances.

Mayonaka no X Giten: People use a special means of swapping bodies, and one returns to his body and discovers his sister dead.

Sekainohate de Aimashou: Kind of meh, but it's complete, so it's got that going for it. Anyway, a prince turns a normal guy into a girl and intends to marry her.

Junai Sensation: A guy dies saving a friend, and possesses a girl so he can get back with that friend.

With!!: I haven't read much of thise one, but a girl's brother dies and ends up sharing her body.

Beast 9: Not sure how to describe what happens... But a dude definitely becomes a girl. <_<;

Tsukiyo no Fromage: A guy becomes the heroine of a visual novel game.

Blazblue - Remix Heart: A guy is transformed into a girl via ars magus, then enters a school.

Idol Pretender: A guy takes something that he thinks is medicine and becomes a girl, and becomes an idol to earn enough money to change himself back.

No Side: A guy dies and possesses a girl, whom he makes play rugby, if I remember correctly.

Jinzou Shoujo: I'm not sure if this one's too dirty, but it's graphic in the horror sense. In this one, a guy has his brain transplanted into a girl.

Return: Another story where a guy dies and possesses a girl.

Futari no Himitsu: A guy and girl switch places after an accidental kiss.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:03 am

Futaba-Kun Change! - A guy discovers that he will change genders if he becomes excited or stressed like the rest of his family.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:16 am

Fukigen Cinderella: its about this major prick of a guy who through some unexplained cause changes into a girl from noon-midnight and back to a guy from midnight-noon, the story is all about his character growth and how he slowly becomes a better person. Though it DOES seem rather rushed. Atleast to me anyway.
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Postby Cheb » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:47 am

Ore, TWINTAIL ni narimasu A twin-tail fetishist (of a purely platonic sort) gains a power to transform into a twin-tailed magical loli to fight silly aliens bent on erasing twin-tails from Earth culture. Silly but cute :roll:
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:03 pm

As for an anime with gender bender... Well, I guess I could mention Maze, but I don't really recommend it. There's Space Pirate Mito and its sequel, but I don't really recommend those, either.

Oh, and Gokudo(-kun Manyuki). There are several story arcs, and the protagonist doesn't become a girl consistently in them, but between two of the story arcs he spends time as a girl for nearly/about half of the series.

I suppose Our Home's Fox Deity (Wagaya no Oinari-sama) would count, since the fox in question switches between the two sexes often enough. (This is also a manga.)

HopeSeiketsu wrote: Though it DOES seem rather rushed. Atleast to me anyway.

That might be due to being axed, which I would find understandable.

Cheb wrote: fetishist (of a purely platonic sort)

That's called moe. He's a loli and a fire element because it's a visual pun on moe.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:25 am

Birdy the mighty- and alien police officer accidentally kills a guy and has to share her body with him as punishment (it's male when he's in charge and female when she is).

I'm trying to remember the title of another series. In it a highschool boy is accidentally killed by an alien doing a scientific sudy of Earth and they revive him as a girl and then tell the rest of the world.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:51 am

Do you mean Kashimashi?
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:33 pm

Yes, that's it, thanks.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:27 pm

camk4evr wrote:Birdy the mighty- and alien police officer accidentally kills a guy and has to share her body with him as punishment (it's male when he's in charge and female when she is).

Birdy the mighty is surprisingly good.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:39 am

Not exactly a gender-bender, but there is Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! It's a perfectly normal magical-girl show, except they're boys. The magical animal companions are a wombat and a hedgehog. Up to episode 10 at this point, and surprisingly watchable.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:07 pm

Orange Chocolate: I was recently reminded of this one, where a guy and girl swap minds back and forth if I remember correctly.

Osananajimi wa Onnanoko ni Naare: A manga I came across today, where one guy's wish to a faery has the faery turning his childhood into a girl whenever possible (he can turn back if he puts up enough resistance).
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Thanks for pointing out Osananajimi wa Onnanoko ni Naare.

Fun so far, and rather twisted. Especially how Shuichi takes to Iori. Poor Iori....
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Next

Return to Fiction Discussion