Game Programmer (Ranma?)

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Game Programmer (Ranma?)

Postby RobustPhysics » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:34 am

A starting scene from this story has been on my mind. I'm not 100% certain that it's a Ranma 1/2 story, although if it is I think it may be a cross over with Sailor Moon.

Basically Ranma (or some main character) is talking about the development of a game with a group of OCs. It's an old game fit for the Ranma 1/2 era, and they're talking reducing the file size of the game. It's around the beginning of the story.

It's probably a longshot to be recognized, but it's stuck in my head. Any help/suggestions would be awesome.
RobustPhysics
Senshi Candidate

Re: Game Programmer (Ranma?)

Postby jasonjkay » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:42 am

All I can think of are a few Tron crossovers, In at least one Ranma is hired to show his martial arts moves for a fighting game and then gets sucked into the computer.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:49 am

RobustPhysics wrote:A starting scene from this story has been on my mind. I'm not 100% certain that it's a Ranma 1/2 story, although if it is I think it may be a cross over with Sailor Moon.

Basically Ranma (or some main character) is talking about the development of a game with a group of OCs. It's an old game fit for the Ranma 1/2 era, and they're talking reducing the file size of the game. It's around the beginning of the story.

I've read that story. It's one of those where Ranma has a secret, different, life as a person who's intelligent at more than fighting. I tried searching my collection, and didn't find it immediately; I'll try a bit more later on.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:21 pm

Sounds like 'Sexual Endeavours' by Ichinohei Hitomi (the name is *not* what the story is about), it actually is about a lot of misunderstandings.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:17 pm

Has anyone checked if I was right?
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:57 am

It sounds like it could be the right story, Ranma wants to create an RPG with animations and squeeze it into a small data size in a time of txt adventures. It matches the search requirements, even adding in the Sailor Moon crossover towards the end.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby RobustPhysics » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:34 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:Sounds like 'Sexual Endeavours' by Ichinohei Hitomi (the name is *not* what the story is about), it actually is about a lot of misunderstandings.

Sorry! I checked about a day after you said that, and I thought I responded. Apparently not.

Yes, that's the story I was thinking about. Thanks for the help!
RobustPhysics
Senshi Candidate

Return to Fic Search