Ranma and Akane swap bodies AND skills

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma and Akane swap bodies AND skills

Postby slickrcbd » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:04 am

I just found this fic in the last year, but it it is NOT a new fic. Now I swear I saved the link, but I can't find it in my bookmark file. It probably lacks a description field and without the title I can't figure out how to find it.

The story is short. Ranma gets some kind of magical artifact that lets

him and Akane not only swap bodies, but skills. Akane gets to be in Ranma's body and have access to his martial arts skills, while Ranma is in Akane's body and has only her skills.

They had been arguing about how Ranma could easily solve all the social problems, and when they do the swap, Akane avoids Shampoo's glomp and tells her off among other things I can't remember that upsets several of the other cast members.

Then Ranma in Akane's body gets kidnapped, and they have no idea where she's been taken. Akane uses the artifact to make them swap places and be back to normal, with Ranma now having his skill and power back so he can free himself.

Then Cologne and several others show up mad at Ranma for what Akane did the previous day and the fic ended with Ranma having to deal with all the problems AKane caused in his body.

I think it was mentioned here, or the author who wrote it had one of his/her stories linked to here, but I lost it again.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Ranma and Akane swap bodies AND skills

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:55 am

Was it:

RANMA 'Your Body My Mind' by Dreamspinner - [Dld Date=10/09/2004] - [Dld Size=72kb] - [Dld File Cnt=4] - [Dld Status=Complete]
Author summary on the site:

Akane's upset! Ranma keeps on besting her at everything she does and she's not happy with it one bit. She's so frustrated that she goes to bed wishing she were him. But when she wakes up the next morning and finds out that the two of them have switched bodies, she quickly realizes she's bitten off more than she can chew!
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:13 pm

That was a similar premise, but not it.

The story doesn't have the kidnapping that is resolved by them switching back, nor does Akane get Ranma's skills in his body.

One thing I remember is that very early on in the story Ranma tries to walk on the fence in Akane's body and fails, and makes a comment about her needing to work on balance.

Oh, and I'm 99.9% certain when I found it again months ago it was on Pit of Voles. I swear it was near the bottom of an author's list of fics if not the oldest when sorted by update date.
I can't believe i lost the bookmark AGAIN.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:56 am

Found it.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/639058/1/T ... rbitration\
The Stone of Arbitration
By: Joe Fenton
Various Ranma characters use the arbitration stone to see what it's like to be Ranma.
Rated: Fiction M - English - Humor/Adventure - Words: 6,771 - Reviews: 17 - Favs: 20 - Follows: 6 - Published: Mar 5, 2002 - id: 639058
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Fic Search