Search for GATE stories

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Search for GATE stories

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:13 pm

I have generally horrible luck with search requests, but figure this should be a generic enough one to get some results.

Looking for recommendations on decent to good GATE fan fiction. Preferably longer examples centered on the GATE characters.

To date, only seen part of the series. I've read one Ranma crossover 'And Thus Chaos Ensued' by Dreamingfox. I've also read several small stories (mostly introspection pieces that were one shots like 'Finally Home' by Goodalwayswins98 or short comedy like 'Lelei's Feet Problems' by Frob).

The problem with the bulk of this fandom I'm seeing is the horrible propensity to change where the gate opens. I've no interest in reading a GATE story where the gate opens in North Korea, or Russia, or Italy, or Romania, or China, or the 3rd Reich, or what would happen if Donald Trump had control of it (yes, there *is* such a story).

Nor am I interested in the politics on the Earth side.

I had thought I would find something good in crossovers, but the crossovers I'm seeing mostly do not interest me (like Halo, Mega Man, Star Wars), or are at best implausible (like Game of Thrones), or spend an inordinate amount of time on the characters/politics on the earth side (like Fate/Stay night).

Thoughts?
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Search for GATE stories

Postby Spica75 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:32 pm

or what would happen if Donald Trump had control of it (yes, there *is* such a story).

:lol:
Oh dear...

Looking for recommendations on decent to good GATE fan fiction. Preferably longer examples centered on the GATE characters.

To date, only seen part of the series. I've read one Ranma crossover 'And Thus Chaos Ensued' by Dreamingfox. I've also read several small stories (mostly introspection pieces that were one shots like 'Finally Home' by Goodalwayswins98 or short comedy like 'Lelei's Feet Problems' by Frob).

The series isn´t old enough to get lots of stories yet. Still, >twice as many on FFN now as last time i looked at least, so more is coming.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search