Gender Swaped SIs

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Gender Swaped SIs

Postby LunaInverse » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:44 am

I'm looking for any SIs where the SI has a different gender then the characters sex.
Examples:
I Was A Teenage Dummy Plug - Evangelion (FF.net)
New Perspective - Evangelion (FF.net)
Building Faith - Dresden Files (SB)
Don't be the Tsundere - Type moon/multi cross (SB/SV)
The Perks of Survival - Harry Potter (SB)
New Day, New Life - Harry Potter / Dresden Files (SB)
Through The Mists - Young Justice/FFXIV SI (SB)
Magical Girl Mew! - Pokemon/DC (SB)
I'm a WHAT now? My Surprising New Job! - Sailor Moon (SB)
Cosmic Comedy - Naruto (FF.net)
Oh, Bugger Me Sideways - ASOIAF (FF.net)

Ect (as I remember ones I have read I'll add them to this)
Added (6)
Last edited by LunaInverse on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:00 am, edited 8 times in total.
Image
LunaInverse
User avatar
Senshi Cadet
Posts: 54
 

Re: Gender Swaped SIs

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:54 am

Trying to wrap my head around that, but assuming I'm interpreting this correctly, then the only one to come to mind is a Bubblegum Crisis story called 'Yours Truly 2032' by Dartz-IRL
PCHeintz72
User avatar
Prism Power Senshi
Posts: 2678
 

Re: Gender Swaped SIs

Postby Spica75 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:34 am

Tagging the thread...

And i´ve read a few like that recently due to reading a bunch of gamer-crossed or influenced fics.

Let´s see what i can find again...
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10705017/1 ... and-Stones
This one is a "sort of" hit, as the male SI replaces Inner Sakura in Naruto-verse.

And gaaaah, after checking 50 stories for the 2 i KNOW should be somewhere not too far away( i definitely read them this year, probably within the last 2-3 months ), i realised just how difficult it was to search for this... I may even have missed them when looking.

I´m writing a few (it´s become a default for me due to a 30+ year old in-joke, since then, if i have the choice for a "me" character, i pick female just to tease/annoy my best friend, it´s always so much fun :P ), but nothing close to posting though, so i can´t be that much more helpful at the moment it seems... :|

Although maybe i can amuse you slightly with a little piece from the first chapter of one of those stories i´m writing?
I always do try to give reasons for why things happen one way or another, and i must say i like this variation a bit.
Code: Select all

[Congratulations!   You have died the most hilariously ridiculous death this world has ever seen!]

[Unfortunately you do NOT have a savegame to recover]

[The Gods are amused however and take pity on you.   You get the option of creating a new life on another world.]

'Wonderful, now I'm literally the joke of the universe...'

[If you succeed well enough in this new life, the Gods will grant you the choice to then return to your former life, without the unfortunate little, -accident-.]

'Why does it actually feel like the text is laughing at me?'

[Because it is...]

'Riiight...   I'm the cosmic joke that gets to argue with the universe, that makes so much sense, or possibly not...'

[It's better than the alternative!]

[Do you want to create a new life now?]

-sigh- "Yes."

...



"What the heck?   WHY is the gender choice locked?"

[Because it´s funnier this way?]

He mentally rolled his eyes "Obviously...   At least it wasn´t locked to...   Shutting up now, lets not give anyone even -funnier- ideas."
Spica75
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1932
 

Re: Gender Swaped SIs

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:31 am

Why would anyone want to read self insert stories? They are usually total crap.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
User avatar
Prism Power Senshi
Posts: 3335
 

Re: Gender Swaped SIs

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:44 am

I like to use a very minor character as an SI, just to keep me from doing it more ridiculously. In Different Colors, for instance, I was the skunk in the first chapter. He's a valid SI -- one of my Champions characters -- and now as I think of it, of the opposite gender.

Mercaptan.JPG
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
User avatar
Sailor Starlight
Posts: 1739
 

Re: Gender Swaped SIs

Postby Spica75 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:47 am

Dumbledork wrote:Why would anyone want to read self insert stories? They are usually total crap.


The majority isn´t good no. I have however found that the remaining minority has some decent ones and includes a number of GOOD stories. Why should i not read the better ones just because it takes slightly more effort finding them?

And "the majority isn´t good" is generally true for ALL fanfiction as well, so by the same logic, "fanfiction is usually total crap and why would anyone want to read it?" becomes the obvious conclusion.
I disagree.
Spica75
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1932
 

Re: Gender Swaped SIs

Postby Spica75 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:51 am

LunaInverse wrote:Don't be the Tsundere - Type moon/multi cross


Can´t find it?
Spica75
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1932
 

Re: Gender Swaped SIs

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:11 pm

I was at a Worldcon long ago (sixties, I think) and one presentation was on the horrible things comic books made artists do. Spoiled everything, he said. (It might have gone better if he hadn't used H. G. Peter as his example.) Comic books were pitiful, hardly worth reading.

Rick Norwood stood up and said, "Isn't that what people say about science fiction?" (Rick was a strong comicfan.)

The presenter stood stunned for a moment, recovered, and said, "But they are wrong!" to audience laughter.

But I digress. Some comics (and science fiction) are good. Some are bad. Same for SIs. Surgeon's Law applies: "Nine-tenths of science fiction is crud. But then, nine-tenths of everything is crud."

I prefer a gentler rule: "Half of everything is below average." Properly, the word "median" should be used, but "average" speaks to a wider audience. But why am I saying this? Spica75 already has.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
User avatar
Sailor Starlight
Posts: 1739
 

Re: Gender Swaped SIs

Postby LunaInverse » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:42 pm

Spica75 wrote:
LunaInverse wrote:Don't be the Tsundere - Type moon/multi cross


Can´t find it?


As in you can't find it? It's on Space Battles/ Sufficient Velocity.

The ones I posted are ones I've read
Image
LunaInverse
User avatar
Senshi Cadet
Posts: 54
 

Re: Gender Swaped SIs

Postby Spica75 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:28 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:...

I prefer a gentler rule: "Half of everything is below average." Properly, the word "median" should be used, but "average" speaks to a wider audience. But why am I saying this? Spica75 already has.


But not in such grand words. :D


LunaInverse wrote:As in you can't find it? It's on Space Battles/ Sufficient Velocity.


Doh, i just searched on fanfic sites, not forums... :oops:

The ones I posted are ones I've read


Still trying to find the two i KNOW i read recently(well, they´re probably the ONLY ones i´ve read in total as well), but sadly i fear that i have already missed them while going through my recently read stories, couldn´t find them in the most recent 100, and i was almost certain they should be in that bunch.

Well, if you find more, post them as well.
Spica75
User avatar
Moon Senshi
Posts: 1932
 


Return to Fic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users