Looking for specific ranma fic

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Looking for specific ranma fic

Postby LunaInverse » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:08 pm

Im looking for a fic which a older locked Ranma who was married to a man finds out he was cheating on her/leaving her.
I also remember that she was a manager at a hotel.

Edit: Also some plot points I remember is she was dyeing her hair and dressing down for most of her life and when she decided for her new lease on life she removed the dye and started to dress differently.
LunaInverse
Senshi Cadet

Re: Looking for specific ranma fic

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:58 pm

I think I know what you're talking about. It's a part of a series where Ranma loses his memory, ends up working at a daycare, and (I think) lives in Canada. I tried to remember the author's name, but all I could guess is that their name started with a V. I also tried to look through my bookmarks for their site, which I still remember the looks of, but I couldn't find it, and -- much to my displeasure -- a bunch of the archived links no longer work because of "robots.txt." -_-

Don't worry, though: I'm sure someone knows exactly what this story is.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby gsteemso » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:17 pm

About half of these plot points are vaguely reminiscent of a fairly good longer series by (I think) Coutuva? where Ranma's backstory involved some shenanigans I do not clearly recall featuring the Musk locking ladle. She was dying her hair green, at least partly to keep anyone from finding her. I can recall conflicting plot points after the initial setup, so I suspect my memory has blurred two or more of his series together (and possibly more by other authors—at one point while composing this post I almost misattributed some elements to Vince Seifert, of "The Taming of the Horse" / "Centaur" fame!); thus, I can't meaningfully expand on any actual plot elements. I'm fairly certain she wasn't involved with a male at any point though, at least not in that set of fics. Coutuva wrote quite a variety of good stuff, though I vaguely recall the author's personal fanfic repository vanished at some point in the past 15 years. I hope I am mistaken on that point.
The world’s only gsteemso
gsteemso
Senshi Cadet

Postby Té Rowan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:50 pm

I have a feeling I should know what fic this is, but no name comes to mind.

A few possible pointers to chase:
http://www.bookmice.net/darkchilde/ranko/ranfict.html
http://rankofics.t15.org/index.html

Mind, it looks like it might be alliehi’s The Life I Had.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:46 pm

gsteemso wrote:About half of these plot points are vaguely reminiscent of a fairly good longer series by (I think) Coutuva? where Ranma's backstory involved some shenanigans I do not clearly recall featuring the Musk locking ladle. She was dying her hair green, at least partly to keep anyone from finding her. I can recall conflicting plot points after the initial setup, so I suspect my memory has blurred two or more of his series together (and possibly more by other authors—at one point while composing this post I almost misattributed some elements to Vince Seifert, of "The Taming of the Horse" / "Centaur" fame!); thus, I can't meaningfully expand on any actual plot elements. I'm fairly certain she wasn't involved with a male at any point though, at least not in that set of fics. Coutuva wrote quite a variety of good stuff, though I vaguely recall the author's personal fanfic repository vanished at some point in the past 15 years. I hope I am mistaken on that point.

Yeah, Coutuva; that's who I had been thinking of!
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:43 am

Blinks... Coutuva?

I had considered both 'Almost a Miracle Saga' and 'Goodbye is Not Forever', both by Coutuva. And dismissed both.

In neither does Ranma run a hotel.

And while technically married to a guy in Goodbye is not Forever for a period, those were done under a false personality and wiped from her mind. He did not leave or cheat on her, but was killed.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:21 am

Is that so... If not Coutuva, I wonder where this story is. I'm pretty sure I came across it within the past two years.

Just did a quick search, and I found the story I had been thinking about. It's "The Life I Had," which Rowan mentioned (and linked to) already.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:22 am

I can honestly say I had never read that one.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search