Fanfics with female delinquent main characters

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Fanfics with female delinquent main characters

Postby UnlimitedBladeShirou » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:00 am

As of late I've been on a Delinquent stories kick but i came to a really sad realization...

There are literally no manga with a female main character who is a delinquent whose entire story doesn't revolve around falling in love with a guy and turning from the though badass banchou of her highschool and into an emotional mess cause of said pretty boy nice guy.

What i mean is that there is no stuff like "Kyo Kara Ore Wa" or "Shonan Junai Gumi" with a girl main character or even a though girl lesbian main character.

So now I figured I would try checking out fanfics but even then no luck in finding any like that.

What I'm looking for are fanfictions where the main character is a female delinquent, possibly lesbian, where her story revolves more around her delinquent life than any romance or drama.

Like afore mentioned mangas.

AU and the likes are fine, Ranma is fine too but he/she has to act like a delinquent.
Do you have enough swords, king of heroes?
UnlimitedBladeShirou
Senshi Candidate

Re: Fanfics with female delinquent main characters

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:03 pm

The "closest" I can get is Waratte! Sotomura-san! I use quotations because it's a slice-of-life comedy where the girl in question is seen as a delinquent to everyone, rather than actually being one.

But, yeah, I understand your plight. Girls of this nature are pretty much cursed to end up reformed, changing herself over a boy, being misunderstood to begin with, or not quite meeting the definition of delinquent. And being a lesbian on top of that is pretty much asking for the impossible.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby UnlimitedBladeShirou » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:51 pm

I pretty much figured.

What I don't get is why while there are characters like Onizuka, Mitsuhashi Takashi and Oga Tatsumi who are the epitome of Delinquency badasses who wont ever let anyone reform them but actually grow as men with that same attitude, there are no such examples of the female kind.
UnlimitedBladeShirou
Senshi Candidate

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:50 pm

For anime/manga... On this theme I would first look to Sukeban Deka
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:47 pm

Mmm, difficult to find indeed.

After looking through the first 200 series on my list, zero found.

So, best i can provide is this:
http://www.anime-planet.com/characters/ ... e_tags=330
List of female characters with the "delinquent" tag... Not much, but maybe you can get something out of it.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby UnlimitedBladeShirou » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:19 pm

I'm just... really really disappointed by the sheer lack of strong female delinquent MAIN characters.
That list had some girls that fit the delinquent bill but they were either side characters or not actual delinquents or some fan service OVA about switching your mind with a rabbit...?

The closest thing that fit the bill for me that i can recall in actual anime/manga are:

Natsuo Ishidou the main character from the manga Teppu: while she isn't known as a delinquent or even called one, she sure as hell act the role in this amazing female mixed martial arts manga I highly suggest you check out.

http://mangafox.me/manga/teppuu/v01/c001/1.html

Second on the list we have Momoyo Kawakami, main heroine of the Majikoi visual novel series, (Shes a lot like Ranma in some ways)
That while falling in love with the main character and her childhood friend Yamato (Imagine if you can a male version of Nabiki Tendou)
Keeps most if not all of her though personality and fight maniac attitude.
Though she also isn't known as an actual delinquent she sure as hell fits the Banchou stereotype.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... ami_30.jpg

Now, leaving the side of actual anime and manga and going back to the actual focus of this thread, Fanfiction.

AU where a character acts like a delinquent, I can think of just one on top of my head and that...

BEAUTIFUL DESTROYER SAILOR MOON

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6362397/1/ ... ailor-Moon

The Usagi of that fanfic is a stone cold delinquent hands down no question asked badass.

Hope these examples help in the search for Fanfictions with this kind of main character
UnlimitedBladeShirou
Senshi Candidate

Postby camk4evr » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:17 am

I went looking for the Sukeban Deka manga at Mangafox.com and found Sukeban Keiji which is (according to it's description) Sukeban Deka. The search function also threw up Sukeban Arashi but it doesn't have a desricption.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby UnlimitedBladeShirou » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:13 am

Ok I began reading Sukeban Deka and as far as Im into now, I'm liking what I'm reading.
Other than that, I've come to the realization I will never find the Female lead Shona Junai Gumi or something like Kyo Kara Ore Wa with two girl leads instead of guys so I might as well give up on that front.

Still I will try to add what I find for anyone who like me likes to read about female though as nail delinquents.

From current anime we have Ryoko Matoi from Kill La Kill but pretty much EVERYONE has seen that by now.

Other than here I found a manga from the legendary Nagai GO creator of Getter Robo, Mazinger and Devil man.

Mazinger Angels Z
http://mangafox.me/manga/mazinger_angel ... 001/1.html

The main character, Kikunosuke , is a hot blooded male uniform wearing Sukeban who rides a motor bike that she can use to pilot a giant robot, THE Mazinger Z.
She is also the main character of the manga Abashiri Ikka AKA Abashiri Family also written by Go Nagai.
UnlimitedBladeShirou
Senshi Candidate

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:00 am

Never heard of the two referenced, but something with 2 female leads and not centered on romance and them not exactly being clean forthright square? Dirty Pair comes to mind. Perhaps also Kiddy Grade.

There was another, it was a parody of space opera and magical girls, I cannot think of the name now...

Another 3 series with a single female lead not exactly a law abiding citizen... Birdy the Mighty and Tank Police and Murder Princess.

Only other delinquent female lead to come to mind not centered on romance is Slayers OAV's, where se is younger, and with Naga, not Gourry, so not really romance material.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby UnlimitedBladeShirou » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:40 am

A problem with that is that the women you listed, none of the are school girls delinquents, tough they are though
(And even then someone like Revy from Black Lagoon would have been more fitting for this list) they are not...

1: in Highschool.

2: Actual Delinquents.

If we listed every single tough girl in media, this list would become an utter mess.
I'm not even sure this thread should be here since I started it to find fanfictions, which is what the Fic Search section is for and not to list manga and anime.
Though I guess I'll keep going till a mod says something against the thread or moves it in another section.

The two manga I refereced (Shonan Junai Gumi and Kyo Kara Ore Wa) are stories of young high school gang leaders/banchou/delinquents with focus of the manga being their rough school life, fights with other school, dealing with asshole teachers, lots and lots of fist fights and them growing into adults.

These two are without a doubt two of the best manga about delinquents ever written.

While both of these manga have male leads, these are exactly the kind of stories I would love to read but with female leads.

Though since I have come to the realization that a manga like this doesn't exist, I will limit myself to listing what little delinquents women or with delinquent like traits there are in media that are not reformed into pansies because of a random nice guy.

Fanfics about alternate universe of other series also count into this.

The girls have to be in highschool though so remember that.
UnlimitedBladeShirou
Senshi Candidate

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:34 am

They may not have been in high school... but I did class all of them as delinquents, and all are approximately the right age for high school... So they fit as female delinquent main characters and each series they are in respectively is not about romance.

If they do not fit... ok.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:31 pm

A problem with that is that the women you listed, none of the are school girls delinquents, tough they are though

Longshot suggestion...
Aikawa Maki of Air Master? Not -exactly- delinquent, but she´s certainly rather a "screw normal rules, why should i care" person.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby UnlimitedBladeShirou » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:05 pm

Plus shes a schoolgirl so I guess she fits
UnlimitedBladeShirou
Senshi Candidate

Return to Fic Search