Ranma calls Shampoo an obstacle.

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma calls Shampoo an obstacle.

Postby slickrcbd » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:32 pm

I was just linked to a continuation fic, and it reminded me of something else I vaguely recall that I read years ago.

Does anybody recall any fics where Shampoo says something like "Shampoo won't let Ranma marry XXX" and then Ranma says something to the effect "You are always trying to force your Amazon laws and ways on me. Now are you saying that you are an obstacle? Shall I treat you as an Amazon's obstacle?" While getting ready to fight her to the death.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Ranma calls Shampoo an obstacle.

Postby Spica75 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:14 pm

There´s several at the very least.

I think i have at least one or two in my fic alert list on FFN.

Anything else to look for?
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:32 pm

That's the problem, I only vaguely recall reading a fic many years ago when Ranma called Shampoo an obstacle, then reminded her that "obstacles are for killing" and asked if she really wanted him to follow Amazon ways when she's quite clearly declared herself to be one, or something like that. My memory is really fuzzy, and I don't recall much else other than him being fed up with her and trying to impose her laws on him in Japan.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:06 am

I know it is not the one you guys are speaking of, but the one to immediately come to mind is 'Love Honor and Duty' by David Kidd, chapter 1. Where Ranma initially attempts to leave Nerima, is tracked by Shampoo and Cologne, and after a discussion he is forced into dualing them because they threaten to go back to Nerima and Kill Akane...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:16 am

Do you have a link to the story?
The best I can find is this, and it does not work:

http://milamber.home.mindspring.com/

http://web.archive.org/web/200409252237 ... pring.com/
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:13 am

slickrcbd wrote:Do you have a link to the story?
The best I can find is this, and it does not work:

http://milamber.home.mindspring.com/

http://web.archive.org/web/200409252237 ... pring.com/

Nope.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:31 am

Spica75 wrote:There´s several at the very least.

I think i have at least one or two in my fic alert list on FFN.

Did you ever figure out what the "several" others were besides the vanished or lost "Love, Honor and Duty"?
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:22 am

slickrcbd wrote:Did you ever figure out what the "several" others were besides the vanished or lost "Love, Honor and Duty"?

Sorry no, not enough info to kickstart my memory, and i have a bit too many Ranma fics on alert to find it otherwise.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Dunno if anyone is till looking for it but i uploaded love honour and duty to my dropbox account.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/63byqamklysvn ... y.zip?dl=0

if the link doesnt work for whatever reason then ill send you the file. Sorry for the long delay of this post, dont check forums very often.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:05 pm

Thank you, better late than never.

These forums do have an alert feature now. I used to be just as bad, but I've only got the "fic search" one on alert as just about every other place I know to do a Ranma or Sailor Moon fic search is dead or abandoned. Usenet and alt.fan.sailor-moon might or might not still be viable, but I haven't had access to Usenet since Comcast dropped it in 2008 and I don't use it often enough anymore to justify paying extra for it, especially with broadband rates rising 50% in the same time period from $50/month to $75.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:53 am

slickrcbd wrote:Thank you, better late than never.

These forums do have an alert feature now. I used to be just as bad, but I've only got the "fic search" one on alert as just about every other place I know to do a Ranma or Sailor Moon fic search is dead or abandoned. Usenet and alt.fan.sailor-moon might or might not still be viable, but I haven't had access to Usenet since Comcast dropped it in 2008 and I don't use it often enough anymore to justify paying extra for it, especially with broadband rates rising 50% in the same time period from $50/month to $75.

Ah cool thanks, i never realised the alerts where there so im now alerted. Luckily i thought to check my email as well and changed it from my old one. luckily no one tried to contact me before. Anyway im glad to help.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:13 pm

I believe they were only added in the last major reversion of the forums about five years ago when all the posts got archived. I'm not sure I recall the time correctly, but it wasn't that long ago in the 15 year history of Josh Temple's Fukufics.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:11 am

especially with broadband rates rising 50% in the same time period from $50/month to $75.

I hope you at least get a REALLY good connection for that kind of outrageous pricetag.

I have 100/10 fiberoptic line for about ~30$/month. For $75 i could get 1000/1000 from a company that provides low single digit ping times for their lines.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search