Sailor Moon Ffics without Puppetmaster Pluto

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Sailor Moon Ffics without Puppetmaster Pluto

Postby Slab Bulkhead » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:58 am

I know it's kind of a common fanon thing to have Setsuna as a puppetmaster manipulating the world into Crystal Tokyo and all, but are there any recs for Sailor Moon fics which either don't do that at all, or specifically address that idea and debunk it?
Slab Bulkhead
Senshi Candidate

Re: Sailor Moon Ffics without Puppetmaster Pluto

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:04 am

Touting my own fanfic, Setsuna doesn't even appear in Different Colors. She does show up in the fourth postlude, Pride Goeth Before a Fall, and is steamrollered by Cologne, Ranma, and Usagi. You really should read the entire thing to know what's going on, but just Pride will show you Pluto getting owned.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby LawOhki » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:48 am

Will also plug my own fic, Night Shiftwhich does not have a puppetmaster pluto.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:07 pm

I’m just done re-reading https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3605736/1/Fist-of-the-Moon (by Penguin-sa) where Pluto’s puppeteering roughly consists of tricking the Black-Moonies into attacking only Tokyo and leaving other cities be. Mind, I think the Gates of Time in that fic were just that, with no attached pr0n viewer.
"You can not treat a car like a human! A car needs love!" (W. Röhrl)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:01 pm

And now I want to write a fic about a lazy Sailor Pluto who actually has to be pushed by the Cats and the Senshi to do anything...

"Manipulator? Me? Nah too much work, I prefer to sleep, and watch Tv, and videogames, why people keep insisting I am a puppeteer? Crystal Tokyo? Meh, who cares? the future is not written in stone ya know?"
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Slab Bulkhead » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:11 pm

I've always seen Setsuna as taking a more relaxed approach of "I don't really give a fart if Usagi is queen of literally everything in a huge glass and crystal palace, or if she just lives in a 2 bedroom apartment in Kyoto somewhere, as long as she isn't dead."
Slab Bulkhead
Senshi Candidate

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:32 pm

Fanon Setsuna bears a startling resemblance to fanon Dumbledore -- as long as you leave out the beard. But you can provide more canon for Dumbledore being manipulative than you can for Setsuna.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby LawOhki » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:41 pm

Slab Bulkhead wrote:I've always seen Setsuna as taking a more relaxed approach of "I don't really give a fart if Usagi is queen of literally everything in a huge glass and crystal palace, or if she just lives in a 2 bedroom apartment in Kyoto somewhere, as long as she isn't dead."

Setsuna's singular purpose up until the conclusion of the black moon arc is to guard the time gates. Which are as the name implies literal gates, not time tvs, not a time manipulation of people gameboys. Since being placed there by Serenity, she has never left her post until she left to help the group in the final battle of this arc. At no point does she ever manipulate anything for crystal tokyo to come about.

Fanon Setsuna manipulating time for crystal tokyo is one of the most grossly inaccurate portrayals you can come across.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby Slab Bulkhead » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:03 pm

LawOhki wrote:Setsuna's singular purpose up until the conclusion of the black moon arc is to guard the time gates. Which are as the name implies literal gates, not time tvs, not a time manipulation of people gameboys. Since being placed there by Serenity, she has never left her post until she left to help the group in the final battle of this arc. At no point does she ever manipulate anything for crystal tokyo to come about.

Fanon Setsuna manipulating time for crystal tokyo is one of the most grossly inaccurate portrayals you can come across.

Yeah one of the ideas that I'm planning to work into "One Wrong Step" is the idea of fanon manipulator Pluto was an in-universe conspiracy theory that was passed around SilMil-era earth and was one of the factors that ultimately led to the fall of the Silver Millennium.

I tend to go with a more sera myu-inspired idea of Setsuna as being somebody who wants to be a part of the cool kids even though she's so much older than everybody else. i.e. "not a regular mom but a cool mom."
Slab Bulkhead
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spica75 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:39 pm

Blackcat101 wrote:And now I want to write a fic about a lazy Sailor Pluto who actually has to be pushed by the Cats and the Senshi to do anything...

"Manipulator? Me? Nah too much work, I prefer to sleep, and watch Tv, and videogames, why people keep insisting I am a puppeteer? Crystal Tokyo? Meh, who cares? the future is not written in stone ya know?"

Definitely a good idea. I´ve seen one fic like that, but author stopped after just prolouge, was still plenty fun in just that first chapter.

##########
Fanon Setsuna bears a startling resemblance to fanon Dumbledore -- as long as you leave out the beard. But you can provide more canon for Dumbledore being manipulative than you can for Setsuna.

Oooh, Pluto isn´t even remotely close i think. Dumbles, even when written NICE, is still going to be manipulative as #¤&/! as long as he´s getting anywhere near canon.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:42 pm

I wrote a story where Pluto is bound and determined to do nothing more than guard the Door of Time, but I won't provide a link since I wouldn't recommend it for consumption. :P

LawOhki wrote:Fanon Setsuna manipulating time for crystal tokyo is one of the most grossly inaccurate portrayals you can come across.

I can kind of understand how it could happen, though, between what she does in the anime (which was the main source of writers back in the day, and maybe ever) and how the Door of Time didn't directly connect to anywhere or when in said anime (without sufficient explanation on how that worked, on top of that). She was just asking to be seen that way, with the kind of power/ability she has, and especially because good writers are like diamonds in the rough.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:38 pm

Sailor moon v by troy staton......its hard for pluto to do anything since she is dead till chapter 7 I think. Great new take on the background on the scouts and the negaverse. A bit more adult aimed but still ver good. He is very slow to up date the story and has been writting the story since the mid 90s.

Sailor moon z by biles and hosmer. 20 chapters of totaly changing season 4, they really hate the pink spore. There is a follow up called black something.......I have a copy saved, can not rember it. Ther is also a preqealy and a couple of side storyies.
One was written by biles and sean gaffery and the other biles and chris davies that deal with someone from the scouts past being dragged though time and space and a whole bunch of bunch of plutos....

Letters to pluto by cko2 deals with a very screwed up pluto who can not even think about screwing up time when they get lost in it all the time.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:10 am

Bah... considering how much Sailor Moon fan fiction exists, there are plenty of Pluto not being a manipulator stories out there...

Some examples:

RANMA-MULTI 'Grand Tour' by DrunkenGrognard

RANMA-MULTI 'Ice Squared' by Lerris

RANMA-MULTI 'Impacted Souls' by ZRO4825

RANMA-MULTI 'On A Clear Day You Can See Forever' by M MacKinnon

RANMA-MULTI 'Prices Paid' by Ar-Kaos

RANMA-SM 'A New Home' by Innortal

RANMA-SM 'In The Fullness Of Time' by Faoron

RANMA-SM 'Ripples of a Chaotic Pebble' by Gaming Ikari

RANMA-SM 'Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely' by APienkoss

SM 'Shattered Ice Super Sailor Mercury' by shanejayell

SM-EH 'Setsuna's Secret' by Disruptor

Most of the old Uncle Betfics do not have her as a master manipulator.

There was one story, a Ranma crossover, I cannot remember the name of, that had a Setsuna from a reality that actually monitored all the manipulations of her alternate timeline counterparts and attempts to stop or manipulate things and wrote essays on all their mistakes and hated their moronic activity. Had her drinking in a bar a lot.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:42 am

LawOhki wrote:Setsuna's singular purpose up until the conclusion of the black moon arc is to guard the time gates. Which are as the name implies literal gates, not time tvs, not a time manipulation of people gameboys. Since being placed there by Serenity, she has never left her post until she left to help the group in the final battle of this arc. At no point does she ever manipulate anything for crystal tokyo to come about.

Perhaps now that Sailor Moon Crystal has really shoved her job down the throats of anyone who watched it, it'll be a /little/ better now.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:39 am

TerraEpon wrote:Perhaps now that Sailor Moon Crystal has really shoved her job down the throats of anyone who watched it, it'll be a /little/ better now.

Unlikely, the first season tanked viewership so very few would have even get past Beryl being killed by Usagi damaging her jewerly to get to the slightly better second arc.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Next

Return to Fic Search