clothes changing device.

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

clothes changing device.

Postby jasonjkay » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Recently read Ranma Gets Fed Up by Master Magi and in it Nodoka creates a magical watch that will switch Ranma's clothes depending on his gender. Im sure i remember reading another story similar but with a bracelet that did the same thing and was wondering if anybody knows of any stories that use something similar? Any story in which ranma has something that will automatically change his clothes when changing into a girl and then change them back.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: clothes changing device.

Postby rogue7 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:22 pm

Master Maji's "Searching for a cure and one's self" has that bracelet if I remember correctly, off the top of my head I cannot think of another story.
rogue7
Senshi Cadet

Postby slickrcbd » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:40 pm

There was another one that was a crossover with DC Comics where Ranma and Genma stole a scroll on their way to the Tendos after Jusenkyo. I contained a way to access the Speed Force disguised as a martial arts technique. Ranma masters it and winds up interacting with The Flashes.
I believe somebody takes him to Mr. E to get such clothes.

Then there was another one that was a Tenchi crossover where Washu manages to make something along those lines.

Sorry, but I know those fics are old, but I just can't place them. I can give a longer summary of the first one, but I can't recall which Tenchi fic the second one was part of.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:22 am

Hmm, i remember seeing it at least twice, and i don´t think those two are any of those mentioned so far... It´s a nifty idea so i guess it´s been used a bit.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:54 am

As I recall, that bracelet appears in several of Master Magi’s fics. IIRC, where there is Hishizuka, there is that bracelet.
"You can not treat a car like a human! A car needs love!" (W. Röhrl)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:26 pm

Ah cool, thanks everyone. Ill have to find some more Master Magi fics then. slickrcbd, those sound pretty interesting, i hate it when you can remember bits of plot but not enough to actually find the story your looking for.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby EPJ_III » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:09 pm

Master Magi's site still seems to be up:
http://members.tripod.com/master_magi2000/
EPJ_III
Senshi Candidate

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:45 pm

Felix Webster's "Robin One Half" may fit the quest.
Fanfix.net Author Page: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/114334/

Link to Chapter one: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/418780/1/Robin-One-Half

From chapter 5: Ranma/Robin reveals to Wonder Woman that she has an Ancient Chinese Amazon bracelet that changes her clothing to suit her gender:

“Strange. I was told that it had been designed to help someone with my problem,” Robin-chan replied sounding calm but getting a little scared that the Princess was going to try and take it away from her. “It alters my clothing in both size and style when I change gender. It even holds outfits in a sort of limbo until called for, clothes for both genders.
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby slickrcbd » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:31 pm

It looks like I was conflating "Robin One Half" with "Sudden Burst of Speed" by CRose.
Sorry about that, it's been ten years since either were updated. I probably haven't read either in that long either.

I've read thousands of fanfics (not a joke, my bookmark file alone has over 2,500) it's sometimes hard to keep them straight, especially something I read 10-15 years ago that is incomplete and abandoned.

I wouldn't be surprised if I averaged one a day since September of 1997, when you factor in oneshots and reading them a chapter at a time as they are posted.
If that's wrong, the 1/day average would start in the summer of 2002 when I got broadband instead of dial-up.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:26 pm

Hmmm... IIRC, Birdy the Mighty in canon needed such a device or the change would shred clothing.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:18 am

I didn't know that, but I've never seen Birdy the Mighty, all I know comes from this fic, where clothes were never addressed. Things happened just like when Ranma changes.

Darn, has it really been ten years since the fic was published?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2333241/1/Ranma-the-Mighty
Ranma the Mighty
By: DragonGolem
I haven't seen a Ranma 12 and Birdy the Mighty crossover so I figured I would fix that. Of course you also realize that with me as the author things are gonna be anything but normal! So strap in and check it out! Divergent RxB definitely Warning! AU as
Rated: Fiction T - English - Adventure - Chapters: 9 - Words: 32,551 - Reviews: 84 - Favs: 72 - Follows: 25 - Updated: Apr 22, 2005 - Published: Apr 2, 2005 - Status: Complete - id: 2333241
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:18 am

slickrcbd wrote:I didn't know that, but I've never seen Birdy the Mighty, all I know comes from this fic, where clothes were never addressed. Things happened just like when Ranma changes.

Darn, has it really been ten years since the fic was published?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2333241/1/Ranma-the-Mighty
Ranma the Mighty
By: DragonGolem
I haven't seen a Ranma 12 and Birdy the Mighty crossover so I figured I would fix that. Of course you also realize that with me as the author things are gonna be anything but normal! So strap in and check it out! Divergent RxB definitely Warning! AU as
Rated: Fiction T - English - Adventure - Chapters: 9 - Words: 32,551 - Reviews: 84 - Favs: 72 - Follows: 25 - Updated: Apr 22, 2005 - Published: Apr 2, 2005 - Status: Complete - id: 2333241

Don't forget sequel... 'Kikuko the Mighty' by DragonGolem
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search