Ranma/detective conan crosses or ranma stuck as a kid

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma/detective conan crosses or ranma stuck as a kid

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:05 pm

I was reading back to elementary school fic and was wondering if there were any ranma detective conan fics. You know where ranma is stuck as a kid from the mushrooms.

I would also like any good crosses with ranma having to "re":live childhood because of the mushrooms.
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Re: Ranma/detective conan crosses or ranma stuck as a kid

Postby Blackcat101 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:51 pm

Growing Up by Crescent Pulsar is the newest fic about Ranma having to grow up again.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11063548/1/Growing-Up
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:30 pm

This is really bothering me since I know I read like four or five stories where Ranma was stuck as a kid, long before I ever heard of Detective Conan. Two I vaguely recall but can't find. One where he deliberately ate a mushroom after failing to unlock his curse and was raised as a girl by his mother.
Another where Cologne locked the curse, used Xi Fa Xiang Gao Shiatsu to wipe his memories, and the mushrooms to de-age him and took him back to the village to be raised as an amazon and bred. Giving birth broke the memory technique and she had a bloody revenge upon the Amazons.

I know I read a couple others where Ranma felt that Ranma Saotome had no honorable solution to his problems and wanted to start over, but they were mostly unfinished and abandoned.

Also the abandoned story "Rune Soldier Ranma" has him being reduced to a kid and sent to another world with his memories but not physical conditioning intact, but not via mushrooms.
http://aamark4.tripod.com/id5.html
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby windstorm » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:39 pm

I know of a few fics where Ranma is de-aged, unfortunately though most only have a few chapters.

Child Prodigy: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2409597/1/Child-Prodigy
Azumanga Daioh crossover. After the mushroom incident Ranma is adopted by a couple and is mistaken for a child prodigy since basic high school knowledge is pretty advanced for a 5 or 6 year old kid. Does his best to live up to the image.

Back to Elementary School by Dumbledork: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6094278/1/ ... ary-School
Cross with a somewhat obscure series Ichinensei ni Nachattarra (I Became a First Grade Elementary Schooler). In that series a Iori, a male high school student, gets run over while saving a little girl from getting hit by a truck. He is subsequently resurrected by a perverted female scientist in the body of a first grade girl and ends up going to elementary school again. Ranma more or less swaps places with the protagonist only as a result of the mushrooms instead of a truck accident. (Note: The fic is relatively safe, but the original series definitely deserves an M rating)

Younger Senshi: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1939081/1/ ... ger-Senshi
Ranma after being de-aged goes to Juban, subsequently meets the SM cast. Minako in particular finds Ranma to be cute.
What is the true purpose of life?

WASTING TIME!!
windstorm
Senshi Candidate

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:35 pm

slickrcbd wrote:This is really bothering me since I know I read like four or five stories where Ranma was stuck as a kid, long before I ever heard of Detective Conan. Two I vaguely recall but can't find. One where he deliberately ate a mushroom after failing to unlock his curse and was raised as a girl by his mother.
Another where Cologne locked the curse, used Xi Fa Xiang Gao Shiatsu to wipe his memories, and the mushrooms to de-age him and took him back to the village to be raised as an amazon and bred. Giving birth broke the memory technique and she had a bloody revenge upon the Amazons.

I know I read a couple others where Ranma felt that Ranma Saotome had no honorable solution to his problems and wanted to start over, but they were mostly unfinished and abandoned.

Also the abandoned story "Rune Soldier Ranma" has him being reduced to a kid and sent to another world with his memories but not physical conditioning intact, but not via mushrooms.
http://aamark4.tripod.com/id5.html

I know noting of Detective Conan, so did not respond...

But Ranma is made younger in a good number of stories that have nothing to do with Conan...

I believe he was made younger in 'Reconstructing Oneself' by genhoss in an attempt to heal the trauma

There was also 'Young Heart' by erzamarie

And the Oh My Goddess Crossover called 'Young At Heart' by Thermopyle

He became younger in the sailor moon crossover called 'Forever the Tomboy' by ranger5

Technically, the persona of Yori that Ranma portrays in 'Desperately Seeking Ranma' is younger.

I know at least one of the Magic Knight Rayearth crossovers had Ranma become younger.

One of the side stories for 'Just Won't Die' had Ranma take the mushroom to get around the affects of a love pill...

For one chapter in the story 'Hell is a Martial Artist' by Ozzallos a made younger Ranma, Hild, and Hinako go on to cause trouble for fun.

Not quite the same, but probably a runner up would be the ones Ranma gets transported into a younger self by a wish, normally to redo something... I can think of ones that involve Nabiki, Akane, and Ranma (mostly separately, not together).

And all that is just off top of head.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Yeah i actually know about and have read Ichinensei ni Nachattarra and I kinda Liked it. Though to be fair i only found out about it through gender Bender, gotta love that stuff
Its too bad there aren't too many true gender bender manga& anime out there. Really the only ones i know of that have the main character swithing between genders are Ranma 1/2(obviously), kampfer, and the occasional episode /chapter of To Love Ru. And really its a dran shame that there aren't more out there. Actually does anyone know if there are any more?
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Are you saying: switching between genders = true gender bender? That doesn't compute with me.

Still, there are plenty series where there's some kind of switch going on. Futaba-kun Change is like Ranma 1/2, where there's a trigger to the change back and forth. There's a new series called Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu where the protagonist switches at will. Yureka has a guy using a female avatar in a virtual reality game often enough. There are a whole bunch of series with primary or secondary characters switching back and forth; I'm sure I have a lot mentioned in that one topic in Spamville.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:06 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:Are you saying: switching between genders = true gender bender? That doesn't compute with me.

Still, there are plenty series where there's some kind of switch going on. Futaba-kun Change is like Ranma 1/2, where there's a trigger to the change back and forth. There's a new series called Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu where the protagonist switches at will. Yureka has a guy using a female avatar in a virtual reality game often enough. There are a whole bunch of series with primary or secondary characters switching back and forth; I'm sure I have a lot mentioned in that one topic in Spamville.

Actually the one to immediately come to mind for me is Cheeky Angel...

That is due to the excellent ending on the Ranma crossover with it called 'Someone Who Can Sympathize' by Baron Hausenpheffer

But yes, there are other series with various type of gender bending or body swapping going on, or at least a variant being possible.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:52 am

Uh, the protagonist of Twintails gets stuck as a girl quite early in the anime, even in season one.

But there is Fukigen Cinderella

http://mangafox.me/manga/fukigen_cinderella/

is similar to Ranma 1/2 in the sence that A) Is a curse B) The protagonist cannon stop having sex changes. But it has more adult themes and is DARKER than Ranma 1/2.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:11 am

Blackcat101 wrote:Uh, the protagonist of Twintails gets stuck as a girl quite early in the anime, even in season one.

As far as I recall, he's temporarily stuck later in the first season, and I've yet to see a second season, so... Yeah. ;/
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:42 am

Yay thanks everyone, I can finally settle my gender bender fix lol, thanks for pointing out twintails, and fukigen I will be sure to watch/read them respectivly. also I CAN'T believe I forgot too put in futaba kun and change angel. I mean I have read both of them at least twice over. Though Fukigen and Twintails are both Happily new :D. Thanks for pointing them out. Though I am surprised that I have not heard of/read fukigen. I will be sure too now
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:27 am

There are tons of gender bender manga and anime. Justgo to baka manga updates or mangafox and search for "gender bender".
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:06 am

Wow, you were NOT kidding about fukigen cinderella being darker. I am only 2chapters in now and it is obvious lol. thanks for recommending it and thougn I just use an onld but VERY good manga downloader for android systems, mango manga downloader, just google it since its no4 onthe app store atm. But itis better then ALL of the other free ones.
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Return to Fic Search