PCHeintz72's List Side Projects 06-28-2014 - SpaceBattles

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:17 am

I am tentatively placing this under Fic Search section of forum as that is where my own listings are placed here. A moderator can feel free to move if think it should be elsewhere.

A bit of an explanation is going to be needed to understand just what I have done.

I did a series of side projects over the last month regarding some SpaceBattles recommendation threads, much like the ones I did in May for TFF and Fukufics, though I stopped these on June 28th, information should be accurate up to that point though.

While done for myself, I felt they would be useful for the forum members as well, so after some waffling on deciding to post them decided to do it.

Basically I scraped a series of threads on the SpaceBattles site for *all* links in them, eliminated the ones generated by the forum itself, removed image files, and then started cleaning them up and making them viable in my own system. Note under this scenario I ignored a recommendation or update entry for stories without links, so no links means not a valid entry in my own lists. Only valid links are going to be reported on. For the stories that had links to sites with downloadable metadata (FanFiction.NET, FictionPress.COM, FanFicAuthors.NET, FicWad.COM, ArchiveOfOurOwn.ORG, and Adult-FanFiction.ORG) I grabbed it so should show correctly when it was last updated, for those that did not, you will still see what should be viable links.

I'm going to issue these as 1 post per thread done. The 7z files in each will seem like the ones I issue for my own lists mainly because it was processed with my own program. It will have 2 different BBCode files, the TXT, and the HTML. It will have a linked list version, and a simple listing of the Favorites version, that version will have the Feed links.

I have Internet Explorer URL link files for importing into browsers, CSV and XML versions of the list, and raw lists of the processed links used, and a raw list of all image files, for each of the threads. I did not include them in the attachments here so as to save some space. But I can send them by email to anyone interested.

Note while I *can* update these easily, it might be best to consider these a one time only thing, as I do not really need to update them for my own needs.

Hope people find these of use, even if they were done with my own personal benefit in mind.

A note though regarding SpaceBattles scraps. For those not in the know, SpaceBattles seems to have a far different method of tracking links and stories, particularly stories posted on SpaceBattles itself. This is exasperated by the fact SpaceBattles is horrible in internally keeping its internal link structure consistent and on current format, as it allows for old link formats to be used and never bothered internally processing its links. As a result, I may or may not have all the internal SpaceBattles links present in these scraps. Not because I did not grab them, but in the difficulty in separating seemingly duplicated links.

Oh, and note for those more used to the SpaceBattles format of representing links rather than my own, I suggest the Linked List version of the BB2 formatted file in a TXT editor. It is not identical, but on stories with metadata, it is the closest.

Final Note... if the moderators either want to move or delete the thread, the can feel free to do so, or tell me to do so and I will, though I did mention I would be posting this and was never told not to do it.
Last edited by PCHeintz72 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Re: PCHeintz72's List Side Projects 06-28-2014 - SpaceBattle

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:20 am

Babylon 5 recommendation threads
Attachments
ListSBBabylon5Linked.7z
(18.77 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
ListSBBabylon5Favorites.7z
(13.57 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:21 am

Macross / Robotech recommendation threads
Attachments
ListSBMacrossLinked.7z
(8.99 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
ListSBMacrossFavorites.7z
(8.49 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:23 am

Neon Genesis Evangelion recommendation threads
Attachments
ListSBNGELinked.7z
(26.59 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
ListSBNGEFavorites.7z
(18.57 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:23 am

Ranma recommendation threads
Attachments
ListSBRanmaLinked.7z
(112.97 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
ListSBRanmaFavorites.7z
(66.43 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:24 am

Star Gate recommendation threads
Attachments
ListSBStarGateLinked.7z
(57.63 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
ListSBStarGateFavorites.7z
(39.63 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:26 am

Star Trek recommendation threads
Attachments
ListSBStarTrekLinked.7z
(15.92 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
ListSBStarTrekFavorites.7z
(14.93 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:27 am

ZNT aka FOZ aka Zero no Tsukaima aka Familiar of Zero recommendation threads
Attachments
ListSBZNTLinked.7z
(26.25 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
ListSBZNTFavorites.7z
(24.94 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Thanks pc for some new stuff to read. Have to check some stuff out.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Fic Search