[Ranma 1/2] Kuno has them both!

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

[Ranma 1/2] Kuno has them both!

Postby Gnudist » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:17 pm

Was rereading the manga and got to the part where Tatewaki starts trying (and failing!) to win the hearts of both akane and female ranma and it got me to wondering if there are any fics that have him actually succeed
In her home in U'sagi dead serenity waits dreaming.
Gnudist
Moon Senshi

Re: [Ranma 1/2] Kuno has them both!

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:50 pm

Gnudist wrote:Was rereading the manga and got to the part where Tatewaki starts trying (and failing!) to win the hearts of both akane and female ranma and it got me to wondering if there are any fics that have him actually succeed

That part is fairly early in... It always annoyed me a bit where most all fanfics refer to Ranma as the 'Pig Tailed Girl' nickname, but almost none use the original 'Tree Borne Kettle Girl'.

In any case, not really that I can recall... seen a couple lemons over the years where he has both, and one where he had some magical artifact to force any female to worship him (even had Sailors Jupiter and Neptune in that one), another with a horrified goddess whom did not understand the nature of what wish was really being granted...

But not really any normal story with both.

The issues are many fold... he is meant to not be liked by readers/viewers, he is insane even by the standards of the series, and both Akane and Ranma pretty visibly loathe him, and Ranma/Akane would not only have to be able to get along, but to both be willing to share... And then there is makin it believable Ranma would go for another guy at all... Any such story would need to address all to make it work.

Addressing some of that I've seen, but not really all three. Just because I cannot recall seeing it does not mean it does not exist though.

Of course, that loathing qualifier is ignored by the legions of Nabiki/Kuno matchup stories out there. Unless it is pure money, cannot see Nabiki ever going for Kuno, esp if after the one incident with Kuno attempting to woo her. Bleagh...

EDIT: I *suppose* *technically*, this actually occurs in 'The Return' by Sunshine Temple...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Gnudist » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:07 pm

Of course it doesn't make sense, but that never stopped anyone before. So many crack pairings that the writers tend to take seriously anyways

And wasn't ranma/kuno in the return a parent/child thing with some confusion on the sexual aspects of ranma turning kuno into a succubus or am I remembering wrong?
In her home in U'sagi dead serenity waits dreaming.
Gnudist
Moon Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:14 pm

Gnudist wrote:Of course it doesn't make sense, but that never stopped anyone before. So many crack pairings that the writers tend to take seriously anyways

Ehhh... I know you can do anything with pairings, so I'm not saying it is impossible, I'm saying I have not seen it outside lemons, and listed a bunch of reasons it likely would be bad unless an author addressed all of them...

Gnudist wrote:And wasn't ranma/kuno in the return a parent/child thing with some confusion on the sexual aspects of ranma turning kuno into a succubus or am I remembering wrong?

Yes and no... since they are all Succubi in that story... it kind of blurs the line on relationships... Technically, Ranma is engaged to Kasumi in that, but for most of that story, you really would not know it... Kuno and Akane though are both part of Ranma's brood, and both have slept with Ranma, and work with Ranma.

I was very specific in stating it was *technically* a fit.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search