Sailor Senshi rescue Makoto's old boyfriend, asks Jupiter fo

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Sailor Senshi rescue Makoto's old boyfriend, asks Jupiter fo

Postby slickrcbd » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:56 am

I'm looking for a fic I read LONG time ago.
The Sailor Senshi had rescued a group of people that had been kidnapped by the Dark Kingdom and used as sources of energy, similar to what Jadeite was doing in the episode that introduced Sailor Mars.
One of them was Sailor Jupiter's old boyfriend, who commented that she reminded him of his old girlfriend.
It seems the real story was that he was moving to a place of his own and had promised to call her when he got the phone hooked up. However, he was kidnapped before that could happen, and she had misplaced the address of the new place (or he forgot to give it to her beyond a general location. It's been a while). So when he disappeared and never called her, she got the idea that she'd been dumped.

He ironically asked Sailor Jupiter for for advice on how to approach a girl in that situation, saying she reminded him of the girl (wonder why).
She recognized him, and was kinda stunned that he still wanted her.
The conversation ended with him thanking her, and saying in front of at least Venus something to the effect of "Thanks, hopefully Makoto-chan will at least listen and forgive me, even if she's found somebody else. "

This of course led to much interest from the other Senshi she the boy Makoto had been obsessing over didn't dump her of his own will and actually was as hung up on her as she was on him.

I mostly dropped out of the Sailor Moon fandom outside of crossovers a decade ago, so it's probably a really old fic. It might have been on a website that doesn't exist anymore like members.aol.com as a lot of the fics from the 1990s were posted to places like that, especially before Pit of Voles became popular around 1999.
If anybody knows which fic it was, I'd like to reread it. Hopefully it's on some site like the RAAC archive.

Oh, it's entirely possible the fic used [DiC] dub names.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Sailor Senshi rescue Makoto's old boyfriend, asks Jupite

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:59 am

slickrcbd wrote:Oh, it's entirely possible the fic used [DiC] dub names.

Hmmm... was the boyfriends name Freddy? In the anime dubbed, his name was actually mentioned, in subbed and manga, the actual name was never was brought up.

I can't help otherwise though, as I've only ever read a handful of sailor moon stories that were not crossovers, and it sounds like none of them...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:51 pm

I imagine you got it from the 'Luna and Artemis' archive, which eventually turned into Moon Romance.
The archives of that site is at http://web.archive.org/web/200707152350 ... ubsiteid=1 ....not sure how many of the fics are still there. Unfortunately the site kinda got gutted some years ago and the new (?) webmaster promised to re-add all the old fics but only put a small number on, so the current site isn't too useful.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:01 pm

I don't remember. All I can recall is that they rescued a guy who asked Sailor Jupiter for advice on how to get back with her civilian identity as the reason he stood her up and never called her again was that he'd been kidnapped by the Dark Kingdom. That, and that Jupiter reminded him of his old girlfriend, who happened to be her civilian identity.

I didn't discriminate between sub and dub names, so I often forget which early fic used what. There were some real gems that used dub names like "Sailor Moon Universal" and "Sailor Moon V: The Dark Adventures of the Sailor Scouts" (later just called "Sailor Moon V:The Dark Adventures" among numerous others. That one is still being written after 15 years!)
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:49 pm

slickrcbd wrote:I didn't discriminate between sub and dub names, so I often forget which early fic used what. There were some real gems that used dub names like "Sailor Moon Universal" and "Sailor Moon V: The Dark Adventures of the Sailor Scouts" (later just called "Sailor Moon V:The Dark Adventures" among numerous others. That one is still being written after 15 years!)

As bad as the official and final dub names are... the under 3 minute promo tape that was issued to the U.S. had worse initial regionalized names...

Lets see...

Usagi - Victoria
Ami - Blue (edit, that is no joke, the civilian name was referenced as being 'Blue')
Makoto - Sara
Rei - Dana
Minako - Carrie
Mamoru - The Masked Tuxedo

And the generals were called Beryl's allies from another dimension...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:06 pm

Oh well, it doesn't matter. I learned very quickly 15 years ago to automatically substitute Usagi for Serena, Makoto for Lita, etc and barely notice anymore.

Although it's interesting that I find people using Amara in fics more out of place than the fannon Alex (from the time between the DiC dub and the Cloverway dub). IIRC Michelle was the fannon dub name and "Suasan" was the fannon dub name for Setsuna.
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:52 am

slickrcbd wrote: IIRC Michelle was the fannon dub name and "Suasan" was the fannon dub name for Setsuna.

Ummm... actually 'Trista Meioh' for Setsuna Meioh in anime dub. You are correct on the others though.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:56 am

No, slickrcbd is saying that 'Susan' was the name typically used for Setsuna before the dub. Though I saw some others, such as Sharon and Shannon (I think one fic added "cool name huh?" to that :P).
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby slickrcbd » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:09 pm

We kinda went off topic, and there have been no more replies. Does anybody recall a fic where the Senshi recuse Makoto/Lita's old boyfriend and he asks Sailor Jupiter for advice on how to explain things to a girl like her, since she (Sailor Jupiter) reminds him of his old girlfriend Makoto/Lita?
slickrcbd
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:02 am

I remember someone asking about that fic on here a while back. I thought it was posted. Not sure what it was called or if I eneded with a copy or not. The plot I remember from a tread but can not also think of the name of the fic....sigh....
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Fic Search