Gender flipped fics

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Gender flipped fics

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:56 am

I'm looking for fics that have at least some characters be the opposite sex from canon.

Like a female Light Yagami, a male Akane, a female Captain Jack Sparrow... things like that. Hopefully ones that are readable.
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Gender flipped fics

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:10 am

Personally, I find these mostly done bad when I encounter them... either that, or not remotely believable.

That does not mean you might not like them though... In any case, one comes first to mind (not my normal format, as I do not track this):

Its not fair! »by Akuma Mame
- http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3828643/1/Its-not-fair
Changed genders around and basically following the script. A young business woman went on an errand for her company. Unfortunalety it changed her life to a pirate
Black Lagoon - Rated: M - English - Chapters: 11 - Words: 32,635 - Reviews: 30 - Updated: 10-27-09 - Published: 10-10-07

EDIT: Hmmm... forum did not duplicate this post, but crashed on my submitting it... I've noticed it is more likely I'll have problems when I post in the night than the day... wierd.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:17 am

Aliens. It's always aliens.

I tried reading the few I found, but they never got far except the Death Note one where Light of course fell for L. The only good one I found was a female L one, that is basically the same person, might be ftm, I can't remember.

The male Akane ones all seem to use the same name though, even though I told tuatara to not use it.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:31 am

Well... maybe the following will sate your desires:

FF.NET Community - Gender Bending
- [Direct] http://www.fanfiction.net/community/Gen ... ing/59720/

I just came across the above by accident, it was the 3nd hit on a google search...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:35 am

Looks familiar...

If I can't find what I would like to see, I'm thinking of doing it.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:08 am

Harry Potter and the Distaff side by Clell65619

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3894793/1/H ... staff-Side

Voldie sends Harry to another universe where all the characters (except for Luna) are gender swapped. Really interesting story.

Genderbender stories are very easy to find. At least 5% of Naruto stories have genderbent character (look at all the Naruko fics for example)
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Yando » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:42 pm

Well...this post finally made me get an account
Auryn by Araceil "When Harry Potter died, he didn't expect to end up meeting a giant fox, a pervert, get changed into a girl and end up with some kid who had was capable of giving Snape the warm and fuzzies."
Jamie Evans and Fate's Fool by The Mad Mad Reviewer a time travel fic with and older Harry going back in time to try and fix everything but has some issues with possessing a female younger version of himself.
Holly Evans and the Spiral Path by Wordhammer on FF.net tad NSFW but fits the bill fairly well
The Girl Who Lived Archive a general Archive of Girl Harry fics, most are sub par but a few gems are there

He Said, She Said by EroSlackerMicha "Something goes wrong in the Forest of Death when Orochimaru puts the five Element Seal on Naruto. Here's a twist. Fem. Naruto Pairings: Naru/Sakura" has a sequel up
Of a Kunoichi and a Lazy Demoness by Hector Enix "Despite putting forth her best efforts, Tsukiko is always trailing behind the other ninja. One day though, she happens upon a very lazy bijou..." might be so OOC that its not naruto anymore but its fairly well written

Those are the ones that are just off the top of my head ill check my links and see if i can't scrounge up a few more
Yando
Senshi Candidate

Return to Fic Search