Not-Quite Locked Fics

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Not-Quite Locked Fics

Postby Eric_Phail » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Recently I've found myself desiring to read more fics where ranma's curse is nearly locked:

Either he can only spend a certain amount of time as a guy or
The curse is biased to the point that changing back is difficult, iconvenient and/or painful

Examples of the second kind being Destinies Child and Dragon Lady of Macross

So I ask you guys are there many more around with this kind of pseudo-lock?

(finished fics would be nicest, though anything of a decent length would be ok)
Eric_Phail
Initiate

Re: Not-Quite Locked Fics

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Guess decent length cuts out Redheads. Only one chapter of it got made so far and well Ranma in theory could change back if water could somehow get hotter than the temperature that causes water molecules to break down and detonate. But still technically not locked at that time.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Atlan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:14 am

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3103531/1/B ... ring-Storm

Ranma/Star Wars.

Ranma gets de-aged, and ends up moving to Corisant to become a padawan. Because his girl body is the force sensitive one, he spends most of his time as a girl, leading to the discovery that the longer he spends in one go as a girl, the hotter water needs to be to turn him back into a guy.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:53 am

Trimatter's 'Aftermath: A Story of Blended Clichés'

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1769554/1/A ... nded-Clichés

Ranma can push a mental switch that locks or unlocks the curse
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:09 am

Many of the "Ranma/ko becomes a senshi" stories feature a conditional lock.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:Many of the "Ranma/ko becomes a senshi" stories feature a conditional lock.

'Siren's Calling' by WG-Writer-WarGiver kind of falls into the category of a partial lock... Senshi magic forces him female, and cannot even use some of his martial arts while transformed.

'Relatively Absent' by Togashi Gaijin has Ranma locked but the lock is deteriorating, will give out in some 6 years

Many of the Ranma pregant fics have him locked for the duration of the pregnancy.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Phoenix » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Im trying to recall fics which fits your criteria, ill come back if i can think of anymore. Im sure there are quite a few fics like this but many are quite old and im cursed with a goldfish memory.

One which comes to mind is the thy outward part series by richard lawson and others.
Starts of with the curse locked but it's later on unlocked. So not exactly a partial lock fic unless you stretch the definition. Still one of the best ranma-chan fics around imo.

http://www.sterman.org/ (not all parts seem to be hosted there though)
http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/6534/3/0/1/ -Your source for onna ranma fics.
Phoenix
Senshi Cadet

Postby khammel » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:34 am

Oops... Didn't notice "DC". sorry.
khammel
Senshi Cadet

Postby Talah » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:32 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:Many of the Ranma pregant fics have him locked for the duration of the pregnancy.

Many, but not all? How would that work? lol.
Talah
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Painfully with risk of accidental abortion.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:48 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Painfully with risk of accidental abortion.

Usually a handwaved "it´s magic" in the three or so i´ve seen.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:54 am

There was a fic (I'm almost positive it was the 'Modern Dynasty' series) that had Shampoo pregnant and she was basically forced to be locked in a small house (in her village) for the duration to prevent from turning into a cat.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:16 am

There was also a story I read where Ranma was raped by musk soon after being cursed (yes, I know), but the pregnancy didn't lock the curse. The female body was just put in storage, with the pregnancy pausing, until Ranma went girl again when the timer would start till the next hot water change.
It was also a story where 'Ranma didn't show' as a girl and had the labor/birth at the... Hirakawa shrine, if I remember right. Was a few years back that I read this, so the details are fuzzy on exactly what the story was in it... :|
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:07 pm

Konsaki wrote:There was also a story I read where Ranma was raped by musk soon after being cursed (yes, I know), but the pregnancy didn't lock the curse. The female body was just put in storage, with the pregnancy pausing, until Ranma went girl again when the timer would start till the next hot water change.
It was also a story where 'Ranma didn't show' as a girl and had the labor/birth at the... Hirakawa shrine, if I remember right. Was a few years back that I read this, so the details are fuzzy on exactly what the story was in it... :|

You might be thinking of 'Ranma 12 Torn' by Kit'ari.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby khammel » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:38 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:Many of the Ranma pregant fics have him locked for the duration of the pregnancy.

Talah wrote:Many, but not all? How would that work? lol.

One example is Gary Kleppe's "Lost", which has 5 chapters (but no real website anymore... so I improvised): 1 2 3 4 5.
SPOILER - Show Spoiler
The pregnancy does not work out well. Ranma loses the baby when the curse is activated.
khammel
Senshi Cadet

Next

Return to Fic Search