Putting a bun in Ranma's oven. Senshi Daddies?

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Putting a bun in Ranma's oven. Senshi Daddies?

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:24 am

When it comes to pregnancy many authors do like to get Ranma into the situation. But when you consider his character in the story just what does it take to get there without being too ham handed?

This is related to the Senshi getting Ranma pregnant search I did.

Without resorting to Rape or drugs just what ways make sense for a story to progress that would get Ranma to even go to bed with a Senshi much less one that could leave Ranma with a Womb dependent?

What is needed to get each of the Senshi to a point where they are even thinking about kids? You know other than Chibi-Usa popping up reminding them it does eventually happen.

Are there any things that you feel might be needed no matter the tone of the story to keep it from getting painful to read?

And there have been stories with both sons and daughters? Is there any constant to Senshi chidlbirth that might help work out if there is a way it should be?

In a fic idea I haven't worked out enough to try doing as a true story yet I proposed the idea that Senshi families tend to conceive so the children are born under the same astrological patterns. Is that too contrived? Any ideas?

Should this be multiple threads? Discussions on Senshi Maternity Vs Ranma Maternity etc.? Sadly many fics go to the lust at first blush method to let hilarity ensue on the situations. I'd like help working out just what feels like it would work better than that no matter what tone the story needs.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Putting a bun in Ranma's oven. Senshi Daddies?

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:27 am

There was one story where Ranma-kun was camping. He had a wet dream just before the rain began, and thus impregnated himself. One hopes Ranma didn't get too many bad recessives, but the child of Genma and Nodoka simply wouldn't be that lucky.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:40 am

Well that works for Ranma self impregnating. Nabiki helped with that situation in a fic too. But it doesn't get a Senshi to become a genetic donor.

What about the possibilities of Silver Millennium artifacts? Don't forget that for most nations the larger they are the longer they can sustain a war. What if they had artifacts that would allow someone to carry a child for a Senshi? So long as they are female that could be a way to keep the next generation out of harms way.

Its also the kind of thing where with no Senshi around its more like a forgotten myth what its really for.

Maybe even an Amazon artifact that they knew could let two women have a child? But people forgot one of the two had to be a Senshi.

Given the magical aspects of both series I think someone could have fun with that idea. Heck after an item like that got used on someone it might only take contact with a Senshi to pass on the magic link and genetics without even getting sexual.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:16 pm

In a fic idea I haven't worked out enough to try doing as a true story yet I proposed the idea that Senshi families tend to conceive so the children are born under the same astrological patterns. Is that too contrived?

By itself, i would say totally too contrived yes. You MIGHT manage to use it as something that is a sideeffect of what senshi they are though. As in having fertility regulation based on their senshi connection. Still needlessly weird probably, but that way it can be a viable excuse at least.

For the modern era, if you want specific, just go with that they automatically end up at the right times, because well, magic? :P

Sadly many fics go to the lust at first blush method to let hilarity ensue on the situations.

While that can be fun, yeah it totally does not work, with some very rare exceptions where the author manages to stitch that together into something more realistic, usually by using external circumstances.

Without resorting to Rape or drugs just what ways make sense for a story to progress that would get Ranma to even go to bed with a Senshi much less one that could leave Ranma with a Womb dependent?

Extremely well established love i think is the basic requirement. Ranma isn´t one to jump in bed with anyone at all, definitely "Genma-damaged" in that regard, and doing it as a girl, it would probably require special circumstances or a lot of getting used to.

Of course, it might also make a large difference with WHO, he probably needs someone who takes charge but without doing so too openly, someone who is as strung up as he is on the other hand, well they might manage just on pure mutal assured embarassment, but not very likely.

Usagi and Setsuna are probably the best bets if you´re looking for someone who can get him willingly. Minako and Makoto might be very realistic as long as they don´t scare him off before he has a chance to "meet their less annoying sides". Haruka would most likely be a disaster in the making, Michiru not quite as bad but not much better either.

Ami and Hotaru are probably a very good match for Ranma if he´s in bad shape or has the time to do things without rushing.
Rei is most likely not suitable for Ranma, she is too much like him in the wrong ways, although they might work out ok in a forced situation, going into it "for honor" or "doing their duty" and being well aware of that being the same for both of them, it might let them get past the parts that would keep them apart normally, out of sheer necessity, and at that point might be very fine with being together.

##########
There was one story where Ranma-kun was camping. He had a wet dream just before the rain began, and thus impregnated himself. One hopes Ranma didn't get too many bad recessives, but the child of Genma and Nodoka simply wouldn't be that lucky.

:mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:38 am

Jusenkyo. Nanniichuan. Splash! Back to Japan. Meet while hiking. Cold, wet night. Gear damage. Shivering. Share heat. Half asleep. Half aroused. Sex happens. Bun in oven.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:35 am

Té Rowan wrote:Jusenkyo. Nanniichuan. Splash! Back to Japan. Meet while hiking. Cold, wet night. Gear damage. Shivering. Share heat. Half asleep. Half aroused. Sex happens. Bun in oven.
Nice to see you read the title. I kinda assumed everyone knew that option and tried to cover it in saying "Lust at first blush"

So the stance your taking is that sex is inevitable if both genders are present and they are aroused?

No thought to even if they understand their new body enough yet to rationally understand the arousal? My teen years would have been allot less embarrassing if it had been that obvious to me and I don't have a jusenkyo curse changing things around like needed in this suggestion.

Edit: Oops, forgot I had some other replies to make to some good points too. :oops:
In a fic idea I haven't worked out enough to try doing as a true story yet I proposed the idea that Senshi families tend to conceive so the children are born under the same astrological patterns. Is that too contrived?
Spica75 wrote:By itself, i would say totally too contrived yes. You MIGHT manage to use it as something that is a sideeffect of what senshi they are though. As in having fertility regulation based on their senshi connection. Still needlessly weird probably, but that way it can be a viable excuse at least.

For the modern era, if you want specific, just go with that they automatically end up at the right times, because well, magic? :P
In context it was being used more as a proof of heritage thing. Having Ranma as a Descendant of a Senshi's pre-fall clan and matching birthdate. Mostly due to the planetary binding's influence on the Clan. A Technical way of saying the same "Its magic" you already mentioned.

Sadly many fics go to the lust at first blush method to let hilarity ensue on the situations.
Spica75 wrote:While that can be fun, yeah it totally does not work, with some very rare exceptions where the author manages to stitch that together into something more realistic, usually by using external circumstances.
If anyone can think of some good examples either way, bad or good, it might help the discussion.

Spica75 wrote:Extremely well established love i think is the basic requirement. Ranma isn´t one to jump in bed with anyone at all, definitely "Genma-damaged" in that regard, and doing it as a girl, it would probably require special circumstances or a lot of getting used to.
While Genma might have seriously damaged Ranma's Romantic abilities are the Tendo sisters helping at all? Or any of the Nerima situations?

Spica75 wrote:Usagi and Setsuna are probably the best bets if you´re looking for someone who can get him willingly. Minako and Makoto might be very realistic as long as they don´t scare him off before he has a chance to "meet their less annoying sides". Haruka would most likely be a disaster in the making, Michiru not quite as bad but not much better either.

Ami and Hotaru are probably a very good match for Ranma if he´s in bad shape or has the time to do things without rushing.
Rei is most likely not suitable for Ranma, she is too much like him in the wrong ways, although they might work out ok in a forced situation, going into it "for honor" or "doing their duty" and being well aware of that being the same for both of them, it might let them get past the parts that would keep them apart normally, out of sheer necessity, and at that point might be very fine with being together.
Don't forget the other side of the equation though. For this situation the girls have to end up in a situation to end up a Father. Baring some magical tool in use.

But such tools are more useful in unintentional accidental situations. Like if Kuno, Happosai, or the Anything goes "Masters" of moronity think that the item might make Ranma go along with their wishes/plots.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:43 pm

I kinda assumed everyone knew that option and tried to cover it in saying "Lust at first blush"

Well, his version is more "oops at first contact"(ie accidental rather than "lust"), so it´s not quite the same even if it´s a bit too close.

So the stance your taking is that sex is inevitable if both genders are present and they are aroused?

No thought to even if they understand their new body enough yet to rationally understand the arousal?

Not understanding could be the very thing that makes things "hasty", if circumstances push. And it is the kind of thing that DO happen for real.

My teen years would have been allot less embarrassing if it had been that obvious to me

Well, the thing about "teen phases"/"feels" or whatever, despite all the shouting about how it happens same to everyone, no, it varies greatly from person to person, anywhere from chaotic disaster on legs to barely noticeable. My eldest brother was kinda average, my elder brother was a bit more towards the extreme, while i mostly got away easy.

In context it was being used more as a proof of heritage thing.

Ah, other way around... I´d say, if it fits perfectly, use it if you really want to, if there´s even a hint of having to make it contrived in any way, don´t even think of using it. Essentially, not worth the effort, there´s better ways for magically proving heritage.

While Genma might have seriously damaged Ranma's Romantic abilities are the Tendo sisters helping at all? Or any of the Nerima situations?

If you´re putting the story after he´s been at the Tendo´s for a long while, well then you have the issue that he definitely DO want Akane, even if he goes about it in possibly THE most awkward way ever seen. And Nabiki has made him paranoid and distrustful in general(helped a lot by "the fathers" and the bundle of crazies)...

Kasumi almost certainly has been a major plus, and Ukyo may have been a minor one... I would say Akane helps a bit as well, but it can easily be argued that she makes it worse as well(most likely both, even if i think the positive outweighs the negative simply because Ranma is forced to consider that he actually HAS feelings of any kind beyond that of a child).

But the issues caused by the male Kuno is potentially a MAJOR problem if you want Ranma as the mom. Ranma(chan) has been very negatively conditioned by him.
School and many other smaller events probably also adds quite a lot to the negative feel he has for girlside.

If you want it to go "easier" you probably need to catch him before getting to Tendo´s, or at the very least avoid Tatewaki´s insane stalking.

Don't forget the other side of the equation though. For this situation the girls have to end up in a situation to end up a Father.

Of course. I tried taking that into account when i considered them. Setsuna, she adapts, she doesn´t get disturbed easily even by the weirdest of stuff. Usagi, if she´s serious, different bodies would just be a minor obstacle to get past, and she´s VERY good at getting past obstacles.
Ami and Hotaru, there would probably be lots of blushing but that wouldn´t -stop- them. Ami is on track for medical studies and is more likely to be intrigued by weirdness than put off ( can´t turn of an analytical mind ), and Hotaru is simply too nice to let something weird get between her and a lover.

Rei and Ranma as a couple, unless they have a distinct reason to end up as such, i very much doubt they ever would, but IF they get over the unlikely coupling, their similarities might make them a very good couple. Rei´s more conservative and "proper" attitude would probably mess around with the genderswap, but if they´ve already gotten far enough to BE a couple, it will probably not be a major obstacle. Rei and Ranma would probably be the couple that would work out best if the cause was an arranged marriage(as opposed to such with the other girls i mean).

Minako and Makoto are a bit more wildcards, both could easily end up with Ranma, but both also have traits that might have him running away ASAP. And they probably would be more likely to have issues with being the male in the couple, but i don´t think that´s something that would be impossible to overcome, just might need a bit more effort.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:54 am

Spokavriel wrote:So the stance your taking is that sex is inevitable if both genders are present and they are aroused?

No, that’s your interpretation. I see it as something that could happen under certain conditions:

1. They are slightly hypothermiac, likely enough to affect their thinking, but anyway BRRRR! cold and want to get warm ASAP.
2. The best idea they come up with is to undress completely (soaked to the skin) and burrow into their zipped-together bags with other gear piled on top.
3. The shivering leads to rubbing together of… parts without them actually taking note, not being awake enough.
4. Automatic responses kind of take over.

What is the implausible thing about this?

Edit:

In case I haven’t weirded you out completely yet…

They might decide with a minimum of blushes that since they have already been as close as close can be, they’ll stick together for the rest of the hike, ending with them striking up an actual friendship. Yep, that ding you just heard was Ranma’s “Friends” counter incrementing.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:42 pm

To me, alcohol is as ‘drugs’, but if someone else thinks otherwise…

Mix Ranma, Minako, some six-packs of Elephants, a pack of Instant Nanniichuan and them wanting to see what the blonde looks like as a boy.

Then maybe… a bunch of years later, the Senshi get to wonder what the hey is going on when they learn of a strawberry blonde Sailor Venus out and about.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:42 pm

Té Rowan wrote:To me, alcohol is as ‘drugs’, but if someone else thinks otherwise…

Mix Ranma, Minako, some six-packs of Elephants, a pack of Instant Nanniichuan and them wanting to see what the blonde looks like as a boy.

Then maybe… a bunch of years later, the Senshi get to wonder what the hey is going on when they learn of a strawberry blonde Sailor Venus out and about.

I certainly do count it as that, but yeah the above does work even if it´s not exactly a great scenario. It´s just the kind of thing Minako could come up with. :mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:26 am

Didn't say it was a conclusion. I asked if that was the thought process. I find that Ranma situation more likely if Ranma found someone already passed out and the stray though (Not knowing of the others curse.) of well I'm really a guy and its not like this storm will let me get hot water.

I just don't agree with the idea of anyone ever accidentally having sex. Penetration is possible but not accidental full act.

On all those situations I see them more as blunt ice breakers but not really something to fit Ranma's character on first meeting.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:13 pm

I've been going over good old stories. Just read The Best Of Times by Ozzallos. In the first epilogue, Ranma and Setsuna have three children -- two given birth by Setsuna, one by Ranma. But it was hardly a sudden surprise -- twenty years were involved (though their oldest was eighteen).
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:09 pm

Spokavriel wrote:Didn't say it was a conclusion. I asked if that was the thought process.

Could have worded it better. It was, basically, what I thought would be the easiest way to the goal without alcohol or anything such. A fully-awake Ranma would most likely not be receptive. A half-awake one could be; awake enough to respond, asleep enough to not think about it.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:27 am

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:I've been going over good old stories. Just read The Best Of Times by Ozzallos. In the first epilogue, Ranma and Setsuna have three children -- two given birth by Setsuna, one by Ranma. But it was hardly a sudden surprise -- twenty years were involved (though their oldest was eighteen).

I still wish Ozz would write some of the stories for the Sliders style adventures they talk about in that epilogue. Maybe they even meet other Ranma Mamas.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Fic Research