Deli work hours and stuff

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Deli work hours and stuff

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:21 pm

I want a character to work in the deli section of a supermarket, but I don't get out anywhere near enough to know what the typical open hours are, or the shift hours. Wages may be relevant, too; if it's possible for someone to have enough of an income to afford an apartment (not in a big city, though).
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: Deli work hours and stuff

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:46 am

Two of the supermarkets near where I live are open from 8 am to midnight with their deli sections closing at 8pm. I have not been in the stores first thing so I don't know off hand if the deli opens with the store or later.

No idea as to the shift hours - I'm guessing six hours if the deli is open twelve.

Wages - again no idea - but the area where I live (big city) is very expensive (stupidly so) It's also near a university so many staff members in both stores are students doing part time while living on campus.

Sorry not be much more help.
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:28 am

Not much is better than none, so thanks. It'll be something to work with if I don't learn anything else.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Scooter » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:22 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:I want a character to work in the deli section of a supermarket, but I don't get out anywhere near enough to know what the typical open hours are, or the shift hours. Wages may be relevant, too; if it's possible for someone to have enough of an income to afford an apartment (not in a big city, though).

This link might help with the wage issue. As for deli hours, assume an hour after store opening to an hour before store opening for the counter, unfortunately none of the supermarkets in my area post their deli hours.
Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.

— Groucho Marx
Scooter
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Fic Research