Magic in Negima

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Magic in Negima

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:49 am

From what I understand, magic is drawn in from the environment. Is it ever explained how magic comes to be available like that in the first place?
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: Magic in Negima

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:44 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:From what I understand, magic is drawn in from the environment. Is it ever explained how magic comes to be available like that in the first place?

I think you got the wrong series. Magic is never explained in Ranma 1/2 besides "Is magic!" What they do explain somewhat are fighting moves and Ki techniques. Magic is never explained besides what it does.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:24 pm

How do I have the wrong series? Negi told Yue that magic was drawn inward, rather than produced by the body. He may or may not have also given an idea of where that magic comes from, but I've seen more than one translation of what he says and the differences make it unclear what is being intimated (to me, at least).
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:38 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:How do I have the wrong series? Negi told Yue that magic was drawn inward, rather than produced by the body. He may or may not have also given an idea of where that magic comes from, but I've seen more than one translation of what he says and the differences make it unclear what is being intimated (to me, at least).

Lol, I was tired and read magic in NERIMA -_-
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:36 pm

Don't feel bad, I did same thing. Looked at it after shoveling snow and before a nap...

In Negima... isn't it all traced back to the ley lines, or whatever you wish to refer to them as (dragon lines, mana lines, etc...), for whatever world in.

Doesn't the world tree, for example sit on one or more nexus of them.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:59 am

I dunno. That's why I'm asking. I've read twenty volumes of the manga, but I don't recall anything about ley lines. The explanation about the spell that Chao had cast over the world, for instance, said that the other sacred places resonated because they're also sacred places, not that they were connected by anything beyond what they are.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:58 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:I dunno. That's why I'm asking. I've read twenty volumes of the manga, but I don't recall anything about ley lines. The explanation about the spell that Chao had cast over the world, for instance, said that the other sacred places resonated because they're also sacred places, not that they were connected by anything beyond what they are.

To resonate, there has to be a connection between them... be it ley lines or something else.

I'm not the best person to ask, as while I've seen both series, the specials, and the movie, I've only read 30 chapters into the manga before being forced to stop.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:21 pm

To resonate, there has to be a connection between them...

They have to interact, they do not have to be connected.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I had thought that it didn't have to be direct but wasn't certain.

PCHeintz72 wrote:To resonate, there has to be a connection between them... be it ley lines or something else.

The connection was the spell; that was what the other sacred places reacted to.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Return to Fic Research