Hiryu Shoten Ha Variations

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Hiryu Shoten Ha Variations

Postby toushin » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:35 pm

i've been thinking about the kirin from naruto. tornado's and lightning are basically formed the same way so i was wondering using the same principles as the kirin (using hot chi to produce the necessary storm conditions). would it be possible to counter the Hiryu Shoten Ha by looking at the hot and cold as the seperation of yin and yang energies.

you see yin and yang energies a lot in combat especially in association with lightning for example lightning generation in avatar and the Enlightenment Of Thunder and Lightning in veritas. it is also a key factor in onmyoudo for example kakkei's are magical fields created through a bounded network of spiritual energy spread across an environment to create a mystical boundary line that separates the space within from the outside world. onmyojutsu allow one to separate the energies of yin and yang in order to project a measure of their own inner world; in essence a localized pocket dimension.

however i've never seen a clear cut explanation of what the energies of yin and yang are and how seperating them relate to ki cause i was thinking more of lightning generation from avatar when i came up with. There is energy all around us. The energy is both yin and yang; positive energy and negative energy. Only a select few firebenders can separate these energies. This creates an imbalance. The energy wants to restore balance and in a moment the positive and negative energy come crashing back together. You provide release and guidance, creating lightning.

Kirin from could be used as the raw original form user’s yin and opponents yang (or is that the other way around) clash creating not a tornado that rising to the heavens as opponent intended but the positive and negative energies collide creating lighting. Its initial use would be a counter. the hiryushotenha uses opponents energy against them but in this user is the one providing the energy trying to do an all or nothing attack. So either it works (which im trying to figure out) or it doesn’t and user is just hit with the effects of the hiryushoten ha.

If it does work refined variations could then be created that require far less energy and aren’t all or nothing. Or it could work like thunder palace from fairy tail. A thunderstorm begins when the wind picks up a lot of water from the ground and the water-heavy air rises into the sky. Sometimes this happens when two blasts of wind run into each other and push the water up. Sometimes it happens when wind blows towards a mountain chain, so the mountains push the wind upward. Sometimes it's when the ground is warmer than the air, so the ground heats the air near the ground and it rises. As the water-heavy air rises up into the sky, it gets cooler, and the water vapor condenses back into drops of water which form cumulus clouds. the hot chi blast forms a lot of dust and debree around user and opponent while at the same time rapidly increasing the temperature. metaphorically it is like they are inside a forming storm cloud. when the user's negative hot chi meets with opponents positive cold chi all that built up energy races towards the center.
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Hiryu Shoten Ha Variations

Postby Spica75 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:24 pm

For now(since it´s very late) i´ll cut it down to basics and just say that i definitely think some variation of your suggestion should work, and if i´m reading you right, it should be good enough to make it work.

Kirin from could be used as the raw original form user’s yin and opponents yang (or is that the other way around)

Well i´m not sure how it works in this case, but yang is generally thought as "sender"/"plus" and yin as "receiver"/"minus", so it might also depend on exactly how you want it to work.
Beware though that there´s also earth, which can be neutral, but yet still "draw" lightning to it.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Research