Rosario + Vampire question...

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Rosario + Vampire question...

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:12 pm

I've only watched the first season of the anime, and it was a while back, so there's not much that I know or remember.

One of them was whether or not Moka had been in a human school before the start of the story. That, and if the school for monsters was the only one, or if there's any idea of how many non-humans there are. I'm wondering because I'm considering including the series in Nyan*nichuan.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: Rosario + Vampire question...

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:42 pm

I give you a good peice of advice. Read the manga. The anime is crap.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Well, you don´t go for easy questions do you...

Youkai academy is from what i can gather the only school of its kind, ie one with an aim for youkai to be able to blend in among humans.
IIRC there were a rare few hints that there MAY be other kinds of schools in existance, but that´s about it.

AFAIK, Moka did not attend a school before YA. But it´s years since i watched it. I´ve also been unable to establish when she began wearing the rosario, as recollections in relation to Kokoa shows her as "herself" fairly old, it seems unlikely that she would attend a human school(without the rosario).

And the number of nonhumans is probably whatever you wish. Most of the time the series makes it look like there should be very few, but then occasionally throws something into the mix that suggests much more, so hard to tell.

(and i did try to research this as i´m using RtV as part of a BtVS crossover of mine(Nanoha as primary cross, Karin and Blood+ also part of the background to some extent), but my basic result kept ending up with "uncertain" so i pretty much just went with what made sense for the story)
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Dumbledork wrote:I give you a good peice of advice. Read the manga. The anime is crap.

Actually, i disagree. It´s far from as good as it could be sure, but i rather quite liked it anyway.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:30 pm

I was wondering if Moka ever attended a human school because it was mentioned that she attended a middle school in Big Human on Campus, and I didn't know if that had a basis in canon or if it was just something that the author made up themselves.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:35 pm

You probably have to ask the author, but i never could find anything in that direction at least.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LawOhki » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:I was wondering if Moka ever attended a human school because it was mentioned that she attended a middle school in Big Human on Campus, and I didn't know if that had a basis in canon or if it was just something that the author made up themselves.

I thought I remember seeing her comment early on how humans treated her at other schools or something along those lines.

And trusting black dragon on any canon information is folly. He indicated that he only accepted the official translation that he was buying even when it contradicted the original and didn't even want to hear about things past the official english release.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:45 am

Moka was sent to live in the human world where she attended school with humans. It's in Volume 1 chapter 1 of the Manga.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Good to know. I guess I'll read it and see if I can work in the idea that I have for Moka. Thanks, everyone.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:57 pm

camk4evr wrote:Moka was sent to live in the human world where she attended school with humans. It's in Volume 1 chapter 1 of the Manga.

Is it just in the manga or is it in the anime as well? And any mention of her age at the time?
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:38 am

I believe so. It's due to her experiences while living in the human that she hates humans in the begining of the series. She was ten when she was sent to live in the human world.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:25 pm

I wonder what was so terrible about it. All I got out of it was that her loneliness was self-imposed because no one believed in monsters and that made her think that she was weird and different, to the point that she felt like it would be better if she disappeared. It just sounds like she drama queened herself. O_o;
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:32 pm

camk4evr wrote:I believe so. It's due to her experiences while living in the human that she hates humans in the begining of the series. She was ten when she was sent to live in the human world.

But doesn´t that put it before she got the rosario?

#####
It just sounds like she drama queened herself.

Hehe...
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:39 am

Spica75 wrote:
But doesn´t that put it before she got the rosario?

Nope. When her mother told her that they were sending her to the human world she gave Moka the Rosario. Then the event that killed her mother occured (I'm not sure if I should say more about it cause it could be considered spoilers for those who haven't read the series)
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:37 am

camk4evr wrote:

Nope. When her mother told her that they were sending her to the human world she gave Moka the Rosario. Then the event that killed her mother occured (I'm not sure if I should say more about it cause it could be considered spoilers for those who haven't read the series)

I know enough of the backstory that it´s not critical. I never managed to find any reliable statements to provide a timeline. It´s just that age 10 doesn´t go well with what i recall from the flashback parts from Kokoa(where Moka does not have the rosario but definitely is older).

Still, that may be a mistake from the anime-production side, and it doesn´t impact anything i´ve already written so it´s not like it´s a disaster or anything.

Thanks for the info.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Fic Research