"Danger sense"

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

"Danger sense"

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:37 pm

I once came upon the Japanese name for sensing an attack coming without seeing it coming (I even found a Youtube video for it), but now I'm having absolutely no luck finding what that name is. Does anyone happen to know what it's called?
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: "Danger sense"

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:40 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:I once came upon the Japanese name for sensing an attack coming without seeing it coming (I even found a Youtube video for it), but now I'm having absolutely no luck finding what that name is. Does anyone happen to know what it's called?

Are you talking Déjà vu or Precognition or Premonition?
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:00 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:I once came upon the Japanese name for sensing an attack coming without seeing it coming (I even found a Youtube video for it), but now I'm having absolutely no luck finding what that name is. Does anyone happen to know what it's called?

Mmm, i´m not sure there IS a "real", truly specific -name- for it. And i´ve trained for it.

Shall i guess that this is what you mean?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-GidagO6C8
This one starts with a bunch of fails: ( :mrgreen: )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zNP7-unHrw

Thing is that "sakki" is what for example in Naruto tends to be translated as killing intent. Ie., not the defensive side.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:01 pm

Yeah, that's it. So sakki is the projection side, and not the sensing of it?
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:53 pm

I think danger sense was used as a plot device in the Kurosawa film Seven Samurai. It might have a name in some kenjutsu styles.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:07 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:Yeah, that's it. So sakki is the projection side, and not the sensing of it?

Yup. It´s not really a great name either though, considering how you go about to start training how to sense it. Definitely nothing "bloodthirsty" about it.

#####
I think danger sense was used as a plot device in the Kurosawa film Seven Samurai. It might have a name in some kenjutsu styles.

It´s possible, i just can´t recall hearing any real name for it.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:01 pm

sakki

Satsuki. In speech, gets shortened to sats'ki

For the receiving side I only heard a name in One Piece, bit it's series-specific.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Return to Fic Research