Washu playing with time

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Washu playing with time

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:52 pm

I recall Washu being capable of doing a lot of things with science (and I'm assuming that she can do this as a Chousin), but can she make time pass differently within a certain space? For instance, what Evangeline (from Negima) was able to do with those large, glass containers, where twenty-four hours passed within by the time an hour passed without. (I know she's accomplished time travel, but I figure I should check anyway.) And is there a name/term for this effect?
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: Washu playing with time

Postby LawOhki » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:I recall Washu being capable of doing a lot of things with science (and I'm assuming that she can do this as a Chousin), but can she make time pass differently within a certain space? For instance, what Evangeline (from Negima) was able to do with those large, glass containers, where twenty-four hours passed within by the time an hour passed without. (I know she's accomplished time travel, but I figure I should check anyway.) And is there a name/term for this effect?

Should be possible by warping space time in a specific way to slow or speed up relative to the outside observer. Going backwards would require more hand waving. Possibly some application of subspace pockets in conjunction to avoid destroying things with the distortion.

As for in series instances, I can't think of any of mortal Washu doing it. Choushin Washu along with the two others outright and casually reset time to get rid of what happened with Z in the last OVA. Everything in reality is created by and can be thought of as an extension of themselves. Time is just one more aspect that can be altered as easily as picking up a cup of coffee.
LawOhki
Moon Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:05 am

Tenchi universe time and space adventures has her being able to make dimensions... dimensions that occur at differing times

Tenchhi Muyo in Love, the first movie, has Washu and Kain able to go through time. And he made out like time passed faster in the dimensional prison than outside it, but that is hard to determine.

I would have little difficulty with her being able to speed up time. not only does the evidence make it plausible, but there are several stories with basically just that theme out there. I know of one for example that has im and Reyoko fall through into a isolated world, and they have a kid there, and then kid and one parent come back, with the other having died.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:41 pm

But didn't Washu require her sisters to reset star systems? I know the interference of the counter reactor almost made them fail due to Tenchi breaking through dimensions... Its hard to be sure just what the limits are.

The Time Travel device in the movie had no protection from paradox. The additional devices were needed to stabilize Tenchi when his reality was less likely.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:39 pm

Spokavriel wrote:But didn't Washu require her sisters to reset star systems? I know the interference of the counter reactor almost made them fail due to Tenchi breaking through dimensions... Its hard to be sure just what the limits are.

The Time Travel device in the movie had no protection from paradox. The additional devices were needed to stabilize Tenchi when his reality was less likely.

Yes, but you are not taking into account in the movie she was able to do all that not only without goddess powers still at that point, but only with the stuff she had immediately on hand. She had no warning, no time to get things together or make everything perfect.

The Universe epidoe need not have worried about paradox for several reasons, the easiest and most basic is they were separate universes, not ours, thus no paradox needed. The other was due to its original design and not the actual use.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Research