Weakness moxibustion versus physics

Requests for information (such as weapons, maps, history, grammar, spelling, outlining, ect) for your writing. Or where to post useful reference sites that you have found useful in writing. Anything from information research to writing guides.

Re: Weakness moxibustion versus physics

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:09 pm

Spokavriel wrote: I think this requires metaphysics. And you all have gone far off the topic.
Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:Oh, right, drag us back to the original subject. Party pooper!
Its just that I wanted to comment on the topic. I didn't mean to offend you :( BTW my metaphysics argument also helps explain how Ranma got thrown by the kid flicking him in the head. The reaction works both ways. The child's finger had near infinite force up to what Ranma's Ki could impart at the velocity that the kid imparted.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:52 am

That is how I see it, but I took some time to figure out how to phrase it first.

I share this point of view entirely.

Party pooper!

Booo! :P

What libraries?

Uh, phpBB, joomla, dojo, OpenGL, DirectX, VCL/LCL, Win32 API, GTK+, synapse... There are lots you can't live without. Even the language's RTL counts.

, three flavors of assembly language (IBM 704, Control Data 3100 and 1604)

Sooo coool :)

I lost my appetite for pieces of cake.

Well, I suppose this could happen. But when you see it as means to an end... I have two worthy goals: A) One-up Notch with something that would leave Minecraft in the dust and B) Create a mighty platform for publishing stories, to seamlessly combine a forum and a ffnet-like website. Admit it, we do a lot of extra work because the tools are not optimized for the task (this forum, Spacebattles, AA and so on).
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:51 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:Okay, so, despite being "weaker than a baby," Ranma can still move fast and jump high. Hitting someone in the face is somehow almost completely negated in its effect, while the reverse situation proves to be the complete opposite. Now, while there are a few discrepancies regarding this (like lifting a boulder over his head, being punched into a wall and caving it in, keeping a hold of Akane while inside of the tornado, and being hit by various objects while in said tornado), I think I can get away with sweeping those under the rug rather than address them.

There's an idea that I have, regarding a certain aspect of the soul of ice training. Before that, however, I'm not all that literate in the ways of physics, and I want to know if there's any real differences in applied forces. For instance, is there a difference between the forces being exerted when jumping and when an object impacts with another object? Is Ranma's ability to move fast and jump high, yet not apply the forces involved normally elsewhere, some kind of trick involving the transference of inertia?

So just to clear up those discrepancies, under the metaphysics argument.
Objects with Living Ki is the key. He still has his full ability to move himself just not to apply force to other living things.
Discrepancy #1 Jumping High. The force is being applied against the ground. I guess if he jumped off an animal he might not be able to do it because the force being applied by his legs is being negated by his Ki. Similarly if he impacted his head on even a butterfly or bird it would be as if he slammed his head into a steel girder.

Discrepancy #2 Lifting a boulder over his head. I think you mean the scene with the Moxxibustion Stones. Stone does not have living Ki. Ranma can still move it but his confidence in doing so has been effected by his experiences since the weakness point was applied. If Ranma were weak in a way that he could apply no force to anything even putting on his own clothing would become impossible.

Discrepancy #3 Being hit and caving in the wall. Because others hits are getting near infinite force added to their own force being hit by others is extremely dangerous for people under this point. As it is the force of the hit changed to momentum and he still has the same mass so when that momentum hit the wall with his mass it caved and cracked as if he were launched out of a cannon.

Discrepancy #4 Holding Akane in the vortex. This one is the one that almost breaks the whole argument I am using to make sense of this. But if you also look at Ki being partly a will driven force then it becomes less of a problem. You see Akane is definitely living and her being blown around imparts forces of its own but she has no wish to drive Ranma away. So as long as he doesn't try to apply forces on her he can hold her by simply having his arms in place. It would likely be the most gently Akane has ever been held in her life.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:24 pm

Uh, phpBB, joomla, dojo, OpenGL, DirectX, VCL/LCL, Win32 API, GTK+, synapse... There are lots you can't live without. Even the language's RTL counts.

I think you may have missed that i was being amazingly punny there. Point being that the programming languages i´ve dealt with, none of them used ANY kind of libraries, and that i pretty much detest that way of doing things.

Closest i ever came was saving some standardised blocks of code of Amiga Basic, that was easy to cut and paste into a any new program.

Thing is, libraries provide functionality, but because YOU didn´t do them, you don´t actually know how they work, and far too many of them are bloated, slow, unreliable or all of those.

Admit it, we do a lot of extra work because the tools are not optimized for the task (this forum, Spacebattles, AA and so on).

The AA structure is horrible, i barely ever try to go looking there unless i have a ready link, because it´s so darned messy trying to search that site..
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Fic Research