Sailor Senshi Drawbacks?

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Sailor Senshi Drawbacks?

Postby WG_Writer » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:17 pm

This is just a random thought here, but Is in conciveable that a planet that is not naturally inhabitable requires a senshi. Once a matrix for linking something to a Senshi is setup the Senshi acts like a climate control system, or rather their Sailor Crystal, and this works both ways, the health of one affects the health of the other and they help the other to heal. If the Senshi dies then the planet will, or atleast become uninhabitable. the same way with Stars, with the Senshi dead, the star destabilizes. Thus there are methods in place that cause a replacement to be born or get chosen when one dies.
This could mean that the act of sending the senshi forward would have caused the other planets to 'die' when the senshi were sent forward. Add in that time travel does affect a planet negitively, but it can take a little while for anything bad to happen. and we have a contengance that allows to know that the Senshi is still alive just displaced.
I am asking this for a fic idea where someone is attacked because they are the senshi of the Sun, even though their ancestors hadn't transformed since the Silver mellinium. the attacks are an attempt to damage the sun.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Re: Sailor Senshi Drawbacks?

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:02 am

Interesting Idea, but I'm not sure how you'd work it out.
Naval Warrior Lord/Lady of Io.
Schizotechnician.
Thermonuclear Firebug.
Character Dossier
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:21 am

Not sure if I can relate this idea well but....
1) A planet being inhabitable is, well, irrelevant to the planet itself. It being "alive" is a purely humano-centric view -- that is, its "alive" if it can support human life. It may makes sense for the human inhabitants to link it to a senshi: so that they can control it and make life better for the humans; but for the planet?
1.1) There _has_ to be a 110% foolproof way to guarantee a senshi's continued functionality. Linking the planet's biosphere to something as fragile as an individual (to the point that the planet will "die" of the senshi does) is plain stupid even with all the benefits. Yes, this contingency should include plans for in case the senshi becomes "evil", dies, sent to the future, whatever.
2) The sun will continue to output light and heat. While the sun's output varies, it isn't the same impact on the human population as would a local control can.
2.1) The potential for disaster with controls for the sun is far, far more than any benefit.
2.2) Sailor sun would be more powerful than the rest, combined and multiplied. The rest of the solar system, including the silver millenium, would just be, well, nothing.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Atlan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:25 am

Sailor sun would be more powerful than the rest, combined and multiplied. The rest of the solar system, including the silver millenium, would just be, well, nothing.

Then juipter would be way stronger than saturn. I once heard Juptier refered to as "The sun that failed", something that could have easilly became a sun but never quite made it.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:17 am

Jupiter isn't as close to being a star as people believe, it would probably still be a planet at 10x its mass
let me rephrase what I am saying, in the Sailor Moon Manga, all stars, and Star seeds come from the Galaxy Cauldren(sp) aka the Zero Star of Sagitarius (I believe). Thus Star Seeds get linked to Stars and planets here naturally. As a symbiot. The people linked as such have prolonged life, even if their link never becomes serious. When a Senshi is born it must be detected that they are the Senshi for that object and have their powers awakened, otherwise they simply have a long life (nothing that would attract attention, like living 100 in our society, its a long life but acceptiably long).
In the Silver Mellinium the scientists learned that if a senshi willed 'planet' change using their powers the planet would change, and remain that way, even when the Mantle is passed. thus the Senshi act as natural environmental controls. If a senshi went missing then the planet would start to 'relax' and eventually go into hybernation then eventualy die. When the planet relaxes, a process that takes about four decades, it basically lets the environment return to its natural state. When it hybernates it goes into a power standby mode where it waits for the Senshi to return, this can take hundreds of thousands of years then eventually it would die. when death occurs it gets a new senshi for it directly from the cauldren.
The idea I had was the newest Sailor Moon enemy went after the unawaken Sailor Sun, not because killing them would kill the sun, but to take their sailor crystal and use it to manipulate the sun. Possibly starting the Great Ice.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:50 am

WarGiver wrote:Jupiter isn't as close to being a star as people believe, it would probably still be a planet at 10x its mass
let me rephrase what I am saying, in the Sailor Moon Manga, all stars, and Star seeds come from the Galaxy Cauldren(sp) aka the Zero Star of Sagitarius (I believe).
The idea I had was the newest Sailor Moon enemy went after the unawaken Sailor Sun, not because killing them would kill the sun, but to take their sailor crystal and use it to manipulate the sun. Possibly starting the Great Ice.

That makes more sense.
And it's "Galaxy Cauldron" with an O. I can see how youd get an E though.
And I'd allways seen it called "Zero Star Sagitarius" Not sure which one is right. (probably yours though)
Naval Warrior Lord/Lady of Io.
Schizotechnician.
Thermonuclear Firebug.
Character Dossier
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:50 pm

And I'd allways seen it called "Zero Star Sagitarius" Not sure which one is right. (probably yours though)

It's Zero Star of Sagittarius - it's supposedly inside Alpha Sagittarii (which is a real star).
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby EdenB » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:25 pm

Similiar ideas of linking the senshi and it's planet have been used in fanfics before and it's sometimes explained so it sounds realistic (as you get with magical girls). If the biospheres are magical, they could be explained to be linked to the current Senshi of the planet, the planet choosing and giving power to Senshi and the Senshi powering the sphere or something.
Then juipter would be way stronger than saturn. I once heard Juptier refered to as "The sun that failed", something that could have easilly became a sun but never quite made it.

This made me laugh since I remember hearing in some account of Greek mythology Saturn was the father of Jupiter and Jupiter overthrew it's father. Uranus was Saturn's father and Saturn overthrew and casterated him.
I wonder if Hotaru would do that to her poor Haruka-papa... :lol:
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:21 pm

WarGiver wrote:This is just a random thought here, but Is in conciveable that a planet that is not naturally inhabitable requires a senshi. Once a matrix for linking something to a Senshi is setup the Senshi acts like a climate control system, or rather their Sailor Crystal, and this works both ways, the health of one affects the health of the other and they help the other to heal. If the Senshi dies then the planet will, or atleast become uninhabitable. the same way with Stars, with the Senshi dead, the star destabilizes. Thus there are methods in place that cause a replacement to be born or get chosen when one dies.
This could mean that the act of sending the senshi forward would have caused the other planets to 'die' when the senshi were sent forward. Add in that time travel does affect a planet negitively, but it can take a little while for anything bad to happen. and we have a contengance that allows to know that the Senshi is still alive just displaced.
I am asking this for a fic idea where someone is attacked because they are the senshi of the Sun, even though their ancestors hadn't transformed since the Silver mellinium. the attacks are an attempt to damage the sun.
I may be missunderstanding some part of your idea, but wouldn't the planets have come back to life by the time of Crystal Tokyo? Wouldn't the Earth be "dead" because Tuxy died?
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:42 pm

Zwzn wrote:I may be missunderstanding some part of your idea, but wouldn't the planets have come back to life by the time of Crystal Tokyo? Wouldn't the Earth be "dead" because Tuxy died?

In the Manga the Planets are revived and inhabitable (according to some sources (which may be incorrect) and the capital of the system is CT even though the moon is also habitable.)
As to earth dieing, that is a point of contention, according to the author Tuxy isn't a sailor. this means his existance doesn't prevent a possible Sailor Terra. Of course him having the Golden Crystal and a Sailor Crystal despute this. Thus its an arguement, with no true Cannon answer.
Which means Plot hole in cannon, leading the fic to be able to overlook that as well.
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:12 pm

Naoko Takeuchi said that only women could be sailor senshi. She never said that there weren't other kinds of senshi, or that Mamoru wasn't a senshi. In the manga, Tuxedo Kamen has powers similar to the other senshi, and in both the anime and manga he has a star seed, the sign of a senshi, with his planetary domain listed as Earth. When bad things happen that affect the Earth as a whole, he becomes sick until the problem is fixed. This shows his senshi connection to the planet.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Zwzn » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:43 pm

lwf58 wrote:Naoko Takeuchi said that only women could be sailor senshi. She never said that there weren't other kinds of senshi, or that Mamoru wasn't a senshi. In the manga, Tuxedo Kamen has powers similar to the other senshi, and in both the anime and manga he has a star seed, the sign of a senshi, with his planetary domain listed as Earth. When bad things happen that affect the Earth as a whole, he becomes sick until the problem is fixed. This shows his senshi connection to the planet.
Then the Sailor Senshi would be in pretty bad shape I would think. It also would not make sense to me. How is one to protect the planet if one can not fight. I think it is just a plot hole(and a cop out(I tink that is the term)) that he gets hurt. In the later arcs he would have been kicking ass, and it's creater just couldn't have someone up stage Moon. The series also seems to me to be somewhat antimale. So, you can't have a guy that kicking ass.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby A.Nonymous » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:28 am

WarGiver wrote:
Zwzn wrote:As to earth dieing, that is a point of contention, according to the author Tuxy isn't a sailor. this means his existance doesn't prevent a possible Sailor Terra. Of course him having the Golden Crystal and a Sailor Crystal despute this. Thus its an arguement, with no true Cannon answer.
Which means Plot hole in cannon, leading the fic to be able to overlook that as well.

Damn straight. We've got a bucket... We know where to get the water. And maybe the ladle. I'm sure there's a Sailor fuku in tuxette's future.
I remember seeing a fanfic that proposed that Jusenkyo was created by Queen Serenity because she couldn't stand the thought of a "male" senshi.
Isn't absolute power wonderful...
A.Nonymous
Senshi Cadet

Postby Tovath » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Whats the name of that fic? I have got to read it
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:44 pm

this is still a WIP and isn't a fic yet, just an asking of opinions for cannon relivence.
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Next

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon