Pluto and her voodoo

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Postby xion1886 » Tue May 02, 2006 12:27 am

Has anyone noticed that in the manga, during the flashbacks of Queen Serenity telling Pluto the three taboos, that the Pluto in the flashbacks looks really young. Maybe this means that she was around the same age as the inners and Princess Serenity during the Silver Millenium.
xion1886
Initiate

Postby Jester_of_doom » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:55 am

I was looking up Pluto stuff and on wikipedia it says she aparently also is like the guardian of the underworld or something in the manga. Anyone able to tell me what exactly is up with that? I've basically got my knowledge of the series from Ranma fics that cross with SM and besides the fact her attack is "dead scream" i've never heard anything about that.
Jester_of_doom
Senshi Candidate

Postby Screwball » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:03 am

SM isn't really my area of expertise, but I suspect it's because she's Sailor Pluto, hence associated with the Roman god of the Underworld and so on. It just fits with the name. Of course, someone with greater knowledge than me could probably provide a better answer.
After careful study of Number One's biographic work My Ceaseless Quest to Conquer Earth and Destroy its Puny Inhabitants, we have come to the conclusion that the Ghast Empire may well be up to something rum.
Screwball
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Metroidvania » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:53 pm

Jester_of_doom wrote:I was looking up Pluto stuff and on wikipedia it says she aparently also is like the guardian of the underworld or something in the manga. Anyone able to tell me what exactly is up with that? I've basically got my knowledge of the series from Ranma fics that cross with SM and besides the fact her attack is "dead scream" i've never heard anything about that.

I _THINK_ it is indeed based of with the Roman aspect of Pluto, the god of the underworld, as Screws has indicated...
I believe that it is the reason Pluto whispers her attack in the manga, rather than shouts, and why it doesn't correlate with her other abilities/attacks.....
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon