Where will Usagi be without the Senshi?

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Re: Where will Usagi be without the Senshi?

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:46 pm

But has Usagi ever been willing to die for the Senshi? Any of them? Closest I can see is her wanting to avenge them but still not self sacrificing the way they were.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:30 pm

Usagi sacrifices herself (or tries to, in one case) more than once in the manga, but that's in the manga.

I think by the Sailor Moon R movie it's pretty much established that no one (like Rei) is going to be an usurper.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:01 pm

SailorStar9 wrote:Then tell me whose bright idea was it to write the first Sailor Moon betrayal fic? :evil:
I dunno. Which one was the first? And they probably did it because the antics earlier in the series stuck with them and they reasoned, "well, if it's possible for it to happen to begin with to a certain degree, surely it could happen again... but to a greater extent!"
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:06 pm

The series called for Betrayal fics. They did episodes where faked falling out among the Senshi was used to try to get the Dark Kingdom to let Usagi get to Mamoru when he was in their "care"
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:24 pm

But they also did loyalty episodes, too. Like the one where Ami decided to stay instead of studying abroad or whatever it was. (I thought that episode was stupid in its contrivance, though. Not much of a test of loyalty, and Ami's character was corrupted by the writers so she actually had a problem making a decision until the last second.)
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon